• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "W" word

Will England win 4-0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
On this, it is bizarre that I got 10-11 on England for the 2nd Test (at a sizeable stake)

Looked into 3rd Test odds after the 2nd finished and we were again 10-11. Trott being replaced by Bopara and suddenly it's 6-5 - with no rain forecast and Fateer ruled out, I can't see how 6-5 is not very generous indeed.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Standing by my pre-series prediction that India won't win a Test. 4-0, not sure, but only because of the weather. The more play there is, the more likely an English win.

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
Standing by my pre-series prediction that India won't win a Test. 4-0, not sure, but only because of the weather. The more play there is, the more likely an English win.
Totally agree but I reckon at some stage India's powerful batting line up will click and will put one of the Tests out of Englands reach for victory if not an Indian win.

Uppercut

I'd say 3-0. Can't see where 20 English wickets are coming from with Zaheer out.

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
I'd say 3-0. Can't see where 20 English wickets are coming from with Zaheer out.
I like the look of Kumar in English conditions but he shouldn't take the wickets that Zaheer could, Harbhajan just bowls top spinners, Sharma has it in him.

If Kumar and Sharma get it right and the spinner (whoever that will be) is effective as a wicket taker you never know.

In the second test you did have england 6 or 7 down for something like 120 before Swann and Broad smashed it around, if the spinner had come on and mopped up the tail then the second test could have been a different story.

Burgey

Hasn't it been hosing down in parts of England lately? Be something of a wonder if you went through a whole series without one match being badly enough affected to end in a draw.

flibbertyjibber

Hasn't it been hosing down in parts of England lately? Be something of a wonder if you went through a whole series without one match being badly enough affected to end in a draw.
Well it has rained a lot in Scotland and been showery in England with some being very heavy.

Still can't see 4-0 happening, we will blow it or weather will stop it.

Uppercut

I like the look of Kumar in English conditions but he shouldn't take the wickets that Zaheer could, Harbhajan just bowls top spinners, Sharma has it in him.

If Kumar and Sharma get it right and the spinner (whoever that will be) is effective as a wicket taker you never know.

In the second test you did have england 6 or 7 down for something like 120 before Swann and Broad smashed it around, if the spinner had come on and mopped up the tail then the second test could have been a different story.
Yeah, but I don't think they'll get as good a chance as they had at Trent Bridge again. I mean, it's not impossible, but it doesn't look likely. Maybe if Edgbaston takes turn and England play Ojha or Mishra particularly badly.

Uppercut

Reversion to the mean after the Sri Lankan series tbh.

Edgbaston's a bit vulnerable to a washout because its drainage kinda sucks.

EnglishCricket

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, but I don't think they'll get as good a chance as they had at Trent Bridge again. I mean, it's not impossible, but it doesn't look likely. Maybe if Edgbaston takes turn and England play Ojha or Mishra particularly badly.
Yep spinner needs to take wickets, I would have thought India would be able to produce quality spinners.

Jacknife

International Captain
Weather depending I reckon it will finish 3-1, you always expect England to have a really crap test but usually when it's happened it's been down to some awsome bowling.
Hopefully the crap test was going to be the last the one and they found a way for it not to happen this series.

smash84

The Tiger King
with this kind of a bowling attack and good bowling replacements not on the horizon I wonder how downhill will India go once the big four retire?

They have always been good at home but after the big four I can't see them doing too well with a team like this.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Its very likely imo, so long as the weather stays fine.

This series is starting to remind me more and more of the 2006-7 ashes.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nope.England does not have an ice cube's chance in hell of winning this series 4-0.England may be good enough for the feat but India ain't bad enough.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
No. I think last 2 tests will be much closer then what people are expecting 2-1 or 3-1 looks the most likely result.

Stapel

International Regular
Yup, 4-0 seems likely!

If england win (not per se 4-0), it will be their fifth consecutive series victory. What's the record on that?