• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW 50 - CricketWeb's view of the top 50 cricketers of all time

archie mac

International Coach
I picked all the bolded ones.

I'll predict that Australia will have the most in the top 25, but West Indies the most in the top 10.
I will surprised if Murali rolls Warne:-O

Not sure about the WI having most in the top ten, Sobers, Richards, Marshall Lara?

I would like to see Jack Hobbs in the top 5:cool:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know the order but I would be amazed if the top 4 isnt Grace, Bradman, Hobbs and Sobers

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
My guess:

Bradman
Grace
Sobers
Hobbs
Tendulkar

I'd guess at an over-representation of batsmen in the results, particularly at the top. I wonder how many will have selected 3 or more bowlers in their top 5.

bagapath

International Captain
I will surprised if Murali rolls Warne:-O

Not sure about the WI having most in the top ten, Sobers, Richards, Marshall Lara?

I would like to see Jack Hobbs in the top 5:cool:
marshall may not be in the top 10. he may also. not sure. lara wont be, could end up in top 15, i guess.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I predict Grace won't make the top 5. I wouldn't shed any tears. There's a possibility Miller might end up out of the top 10, which is a shame.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My guess:

Bradman
Grace
Sobers
Hobbs
Tendulkar

I'd guess at an over-representation of batsmen in the results, particularly at the top. I wonder how many will have selected 3 or more bowlers in their top 5.
Bradman, Grace and Sobers are three of my top five. But once you get beyond that, the other seven of my top ten are bowlers or bowling all-rounders.

Keith Miller was one of my criminal admissions due to forgetfulness- the other was probably even more criminal, I'm too ashamed to even say, but you can figure it out.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne?

Grace is not in my list of 25, let alone top 5.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My guess:

Bradman
Grace
Sobers
Hobbs
Tendulkar

4 of mine did bowl but they could also bat.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
NO bowlers in those who have selected top 5......interesting
To clarify, those top 5s are predictions as to how everyone will vote. They are not our own personal top 5s.

Personally, my top 5 has 2 batsmen, 2 bowlers and one all-rounder.

JBMAC

State Captain
Bowlers that could make the top 5 or at least the top 10.

Aussie Pace bowler with some 600(?) wickets
Two spinners who have 15oo odd wickets between them
First bowler to take a hattrick

To mention just a couple

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowlers that could make the top 5 or at least the top 10.

Aussie Pace bowler with some 600(?) wickets
Two spinners who have 15oo odd wickets between them
First bowler to take a hattrick

To mention just a couple
All in my top 25. (Numbers 9, 19, 23, 25 respectively)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry lads, haven't been around much the past few days, but yeah will wrap this up this week.

There are at least three or four guys (Langeveldt, Morgieb, Marcuss plus at least one other) who have said they are going to send in a list and haven't yet. I reckon we should give them another day or two and then I'll do the final tally and start the countdown.