• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say I am surpsied that Gillingham seem to have turned things around a bit, were dire when I saw them a few weeks ago.

I know Leeds have been poor of late but a point at Elland Road is a still a good result, just need to get these games in hand out of the way, have played less than anyone else in the division.

duffer

Cesc was taken off as a precaution apparently. Theo had a huge game for us, a Theorry like finish for his goal and put 4 chances on a plate for Bendtner only for him to fluff them spectacularly.

Pleased to see the crowd give Bendtner a warm round of applause when he went off though. Wouldn't have happened a season ago and hopefully acknowledgement that today was jus tone of those days for him and he's scored two huge goals in the last two games before this.

All in all job done, shame we didn't jack up our goal difference though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God United were horrid in that first half.

If the pricks are going to play like this, they should tell me so I don't get up to watch it.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
God United were horrid in that first half.

If the pricks are going to play like this, they should tell me so I don't get up to watch it.
Just a dire match full stop. Got bored after watching it for 20 mins. Spurs v Fulham was much more entertaining.

grecian

Or idiots - Stan Collymore appears to have be even more stupid than usual today on talk****

Hmm, I try not to listen, I actually think he's probably still going through slight mental issues, the way he goes overboard when people disagree with him. Particularly when anyone praises Beckham, oddly, some history perhaps? I think it's quite disturbing. Guess some think it's good radio though, so that's all that matters.....

Last edited:

Matteh

Had a great day out on the terraces at Peterborough as a Coventry fan. As the Football League Show will show, not a lot happened bar the goal, but you could tell which team was on the up and which was on the way to League One, don't think i heard a single chant from the Posh all afternoon whereas Cov were singing non-stop for 90 minutes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm, I try not to listen, I actually think he's probably still going through slight mental issues, the way he goes overboard when people disagree with him. Particularly when anyone praises Beckham, oddly, some history perhaps? I think it's quite disturbing. Guess some think it's good radio though, so that's all that matters.....
Was always a twatt of the very first water, Stanley, but was a great striker in his time too. Saw him when he was still playing for Southend and you could see he was special even then.

If he'd have had a thousandth of Beckham's drive and professionalism he could've been one of the best. Shocking waste of talent. & proof the almighty isn't always descerning in his gifts.

fredfertang

Was always a twatt of the very first water, Stanley, but was a great striker in his time too. Saw him when he was still playing for Southend and you could see he was special even then.

If he'd have had a thousandth of Beckham's drive and professionalism he could've been one of the best. Shocking waste of talent. & proof the almighty isn't always descerning in his gifts.
Rather like the late great Robin Friday, the difference being Friday never tried to be/pretended to be anything other than a total ****

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rather like the late great Robin Friday, the difference being Friday never tried to be/pretended to be anything other than a total ****
Never saw Friday, but know him by repute (if memory serves the ex-Oasis bassist wrote a book on him?) and from what I've heard he always had (rather like Bestie) a certain twinkle and likeability; Mad Stan was & remains, to quote Damon Albarn, the model of a charmless man.

fredfertang

Never saw Friday, but know him by repute (if memory serves the ex-Oasis bassist wrote a book on him?) and from what I've heard he always had (rather like Bestie) a certain twinkle and likeability; Mad Stan was & remains, to quote Damon Albarn, the model of a charmless man.
To a large number of Reading and Cardiff fans of a certain age he will always be a hero but I have met a couple of people in recent years who actually knew him quite well and both say he was a complete **** - but having seen him play that will never change my opinion of him :)