Book Competition – Wisden on GraceJames Nixon |
Cricket Web in conjunction with Bloomsbury publishers are giving away free copies of some of Bloomsbury’s finest publications. These include:
- Wisden on Grace
- Wisden India
- Wisden Cricketers Almanack 2015
Now obviously we are going to make you work for these quality and valuable books by asking a series of questions as each book becomes available. First we will start with Wisden on Grace – which you can find a review of on the site. We have three copies to give away and you just have to answer the following questions and send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- W.G. Grace had a brother; E.M. Grace. While W.G. was known as the ‘Doctor’ what was the medical moniker of E.M. ?
- G.F. Grace, famously, in a Test match, caught a batsman as he turned for the third run. Name the batsman?
- Name the player who surpassed W.Gs record of 126 first class centuries?
- How many tours of Australia did W.G. make?
- Who is the Editor of Wisden on Grace?
- Which team did W.G. score 400 against?
- How many of the Grace brothers played Test cricket?
- Name two authors of Grace biographies?
- Why did Grace, late in his career, declare his team score closed when he was personally on 93 not out?
- What was G.Fs highest Test score?