• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In response to the first test result, well it's no surprise after our first innings collapse, is it? Was happy with the fight we showed in the second digg but again we just couldn't push on. I think we have the youngest top order in test cricket right now, with Powell being the oldest player at 27, so we're likely gonna see a lot more inconsistency from this team. Couple that with the conditions, then you'd be hard pressed to find any reason why we win the second test tbh. Just hope to see Shai get into gear, Ambris make his mark and Hetty continue where he left off. Concerned about Chase though because if he fails again in this second test then it would crystalise a notion that he can't play on fast wickets, as was the case when he failed in England.

Holder being out isn't ideal as he helps massively with the batting down the order. I suspect they'll bring in Reifer and I hope to see Bishoo come in for Cummings. Bishy missing hurt out attack imo as he's been in good form recently.

Well done to the Kiwis though!!..always a team who gives everything and drags every ounce of talent out of their players.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The WIndies batting line up does have some incredible talents who I hope won't be mismanaged in true modern WIndies fashion. Couple the fact you also have excellent players not playing, the could be some really exciting batsmen hitting their straps in 3-5 years time, permitting game-time in the L/O climate.

Bowling attack needs work. It seems like unless there's something to properly stop (their bowling when Blundell in the 90s was impressive in it's control), they seem to just drift with no plan - but this could also reflect captaincy.

All in all, I think WIndies and Bangladesh are my equal second favourite sides to see play at the moment, who I generally support against teams which aren't NZ. I hope for an interesting second Test. Some of our weaknesses were exposed yet again this Test so if they can be exploited perhaps it'll be a thriller.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The WIndies batting line up does have some incredible talents who I hope won't be mismanaged in true modern WIndies fashion. Couple the fact you also have excellent players not playing, the could be some really exciting batsmen hitting their straps in 3-5 years time, permitting game-time in the L/O climate.

Bowling attack needs work. It seems like unless there's something to properly stop (their bowling when Blundell in the 90s was impressive in it's control), they seem to just drift with no plan - but this could also reflect captaincy.

All in all, I think WIndies and Bangladesh are my equal second favourite sides to see play at the moment, who I generally support against teams which aren't NZ. I hope for an interesting second Test. Some of our weaknesses were exposed yet again this Test so if they can be exploited perhaps it'll be a thriller.
Windies really need a strong captain IMO to let all these pieces fall into place rather than just drifting again

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Plenty to look forward to this test match, Taylor is in good form, Kane is due for a big one, Blundell of course for us Wellingtonians. Just hoping West Indies turns up a good game, bored of watching 2-3 day test matches. If test matches in NZ has to thrive we need good teams playing very competitive cricket. We only have another 3 test matches this season all we want is the test match to be a close one and last 5 days.

Woodster

International Captain
As this one doesn’t clash with an Ashes Test hoping to see a bit more of this one. Scandalous it’s only a two-Test series but we shouldn’t really be surprised by that, sadly.

Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Shai Hope and the also fellow young guns Hetmyer and Ambris, for NZ, I do have a soft spot for them, maybe induced by Kane, who may be due a big one here!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How good is the wicket? Less greener than the first test?

If that is the case, then I guess NZ will score in excess of 700. Kane is due for a big one!

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Ah good, that's definitely on the Patumahoe (faster and bouncier) half of the block. I'll quit while I'm behind on my Shannon Gabriel high wicket-taker betting though. Maybe it's time for Alzarri Joseph to get some zip and carry off the ryegrass Karl Johnson uses on his pitches.

Sammy Guillen's grandson would've been an ideal seamer for the Windies and Seddon Park, if he wasn't Dutch.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jayzus that’s a poor start from Gabriel, he’s hitting the correct length but his seam position is attrocious.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
My friend is having trouble finding a decent way to watch this online. Can anyone help him?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looks a great morning for batting on a pitch that will be pretty flat for the majority of the test match.

Blain

U19 Captain
No Bishoo, I don't get it. I understand bringing in an all rounder to replace Holder, but why do you need 4 seamers, when 3 are pretty much the same? I would have dropped Cummins.

If they are worried about Reifers bowling, then he shouldn't be playing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just realized that New Zealand''s win at the Basin moved them ahead of the Windies 14-13 in our head-to-head history with them.

Interesting considering the Windies still have head-to-head winning records against both England and India.