• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just started watching who is this commentator that can't get a sentence out?
Debbie Hockley I think.

Yet another who's been a good cricketer so they automatically assume they'll make a good commentator.

Kenny Rudds isn't much better if we're honest.

Meridio

International Regular
Quiet in here for the first morning of a test.

Pitch looking very placid early on imo - not much carry, haven't really seen any movement. Will get slower as the test goes on imo which could make scoring a struggle so these two getting in need to cash in..

Flem274*

123/5
its her dayboo. if she cuts out the ums then she'll cut her sentence length in half. the content is fine, and doesn't make me groan with embarrassment like smithy does these days

Zinzan

The guy Sky need to try and nab assuming he's interested when he retires is Jeetan Patel. Heard him in a couple of guest appearances, and he was actually really good, both in his insights and the way he expressed himself.

I'm guessing they wanted a chick in the commentary box for reasons of political correctness (and arguably to appeal more to women viewers), but they could have done better than Hockley. A couple of Australia's female commentators are very good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The guy Sky need to try and nab assuming he's interested when he retires is Jeetan Patel. Heard him in a couple of guest appearances, and he was actually really good, both in his insights and the way he expresses himself.

I'm guessing they wanted a chick in the commentary box for reasons of political correctness (and arguably to appeal more to women viewers), but they could have done better than Hockley. A couple of Australia's female commentators are very good.
Yessssssssss ssssssssssss

Flem274*

123/5
The guy Sky need to try and nab assuming he's interested when he retires is Jeetan Patel. Heard him in a couple of guest appearances, and he was actually really good, both in his insights and the way he expressed himself.

if they wanted a woman for the sake of it they'd just put in mcgoldrick and save an extra salary. mcgoldrick is an experienced presenter so since she isn't there i think they wanted hockley specifically.

Meridio

International Regular
First look at Reifer; seems like he loses quite a lot of height in his delivery stride. Just floating them outside off stump in that first over.

Zinzan

Gotta love this Raval kid. Yes he's got some obvious flaws and limitations, but ya gotta admire the fact he knows his own game and sticks to it.

Reminds me a lot of Mark Richardson in that respect.

You could criticize his lack of hundreds, but the fact remains he's averaging in the middle 40s.

Flem274*

123/5
i completely forgot nz played south africa here. looks like kane scored some runs. i wonder what else happened.

Zinzan

Perfect scene set for Willaimson. Shine off the ball, sun out, ordinary bowling attack & relatively flat wicket.

Now don't nick out early playing away from your body man!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Soft as from Latham. Keep waiting got that KW vs Sri Lanka moment where he goes from being good enough to genuinely excellent. Starting to think it's never happening.