• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Cruxdude

International Debutant
WOW that was brilliant. Just when the commentator said we will watch the replay of Ponting's back foot drive after this ball I wondered if he would be proved wrong by a wicket and there it was.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
those were some nice highlights.....mighty Akram swing...........
Yeah, probably my fave of the past 15-20 years.

Let's see if Aston-Martin can pull his head out of his arse.

Was nice to see Haddin and Kamran having a chat before. Good stuff

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They're really quite different though. And tbf I was at that game and it would have been better had Tendulkar played his cover drive, because as far as Tendulkar innings' go, it was as boring as bat****. His last knock in Sydney was >>> than that one imo.

It's Ponting's bread and butter, but I agree he needs to be more circumspect as his footwork atm is nowhere as decisive as it normally is. He needs a score - amazing how it all falls back into place once you get a few runs behind you.
Might have been boring, but 241* is mighty effective.

More effective than hooking down fine leg's throat on 0.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia also play tests against NZ before the Pakistan ones.

Anyway, this is a really interesting partnership, given the recent form of these two guys and the state of the match. Break this one early and Pakistan are well on top, but all things considered, Clarke and Ponting are still Australia's most dangerous batsmen IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Australia also play tests against NZ before the Pakistan ones.

Anyway, this is a really interesting partnership, given the recent form of these two guys and the state of the match. Break this one early and Pakistan are well on top, but all things considered, Clarke and Ponting are still Australia's most dangerous batsmen IMO.
Forgot about that one, it's been reduced because of a clash with the IPL hasn't it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh yeah, duh. Heard a snippet in the news about OZ's next series being 'in England', forgot it was that one and not against the home team.
Also got 5 ODIs against England - with Bangladesh and Pakistan being in the country at the same time I'd much prefer a quadrangular tournament instead of the 13 ODIs England will play against the 3.

Not sure if Australia are scheduled to play ODIs against Pakistan or if the ODIs they played in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is the ODI leg of that tour.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's kind of the point though right? He put it away because it was getting him out despite being one of his better shots. He could have gotten some runs with it, or he could have been out for a duck like Ponting is getting out these days. Would you take a "boring "241 from Ponting without the pull or a pull shot down a fielder's throat on 0* like he just did this innings?
Oh sure, but I was saying they're very different shots to try and put away. There's more time to make a conscious decision to not play a drive. Sounds weird I know, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be more circumspect.

Liking the look of this Pakistan pace attack tbh - :wub: Umar Gul - reckon he's quality.

Craig

World Traveller
Was Tony Greig just saying that Ponting's spot could be danger if he doesn't make a large score? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?