• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So we've extended Luiz's contract and are making the deals for Soares and Mari permanent.

Committed to mediocrity for the foreseeable future then

duffer

Why would Partey or another good player want to join a club who's doing this type of business? Definitely on a downward trajectory now.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the idea with the Premier League resumption was that it was going to be possible to watch all of them. But there's four kicking off at the same time today and I only have three TV's.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Why would Partey or another good player want to join a club who's doing this type of business? Definitely on a downward trajectory now.
Haha the Partey rumours doing the rounds just make me laugh. Don't for a moment believe there is anything in them.

duffer

Saliba must be wondering what he's signed up for tbh. He's an absolute stud but he can't fix this alone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha oh yeah I keep forgetting about him. Like you allude to, he is cause for optimism, but the problems run far deeper than just needing new defenders. I read the other day that the decline in goals scored from midfield over the course of the last two years is like 60-70% or something, which is lolbad really.

duffer

Yeah, it's as big of a problem as our defence. Easily the poorest collection of midfielders we've had for an incredibly long time.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CW United fan club, myself included, always go so quiet when we play well. Last night must have been our most dominant performance in years. Such a strong lineup too with Pogba and Fernandes together.

Pothas

I should be finding this United starting to look good thing far more unpleasant than I actually am. With Chelsea spending money we could have a proper 'top 4' back which it really should be anyway given the finances. Still probably a long way from actually challenging for the title of course.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Liverpool could be Champions today. I'm not sure whether them winning it without playing or on the pitch in an empty stadium is funnier. You have to admire them though, however grudgingly.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least either way there won't be half a million fans claiming they were there the night they won the league like happens about Istanbul.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How many years since Spurs won it or Everton or Newcastle won anything?
Spurs haven't won the league since 1961. Everton won it twice in the 1980s (also the FA Cup and Cup Winners Cup) and won the FA Cup in 1995. Without checking, I think the last thing that Newcastle won was the Inter City Fairs Cup (preceded the UEFA Cup) in the very early 1970s, or maybe even the very late 1960s.