• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nightmare this is going to be losing in the play-offs, and costing us tons of money, we are ****ed.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Our owner has set up a pot of one million pounds of his own money to insure against there being no crowds allowed at matches this year. It's all getting a bit grubby. Fans across the board have been asked not to ask for refunds on tickets if they afford it. Most are picking and choosing. Not requesting refunds from home matches but fleecing clubs that can ill afford it from away tickets. I would assume Exeter fans will request refunds from the Devon derby which could be around 40 to 50 grand. Both teams lost Sky money from that match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I am not asking for a refund on my season ticket. If I had any away tickets I'd be getting them refunded, because all clubs who voted to send us down deserve to go bust

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A bit surprised by the suggestion that Villa should have let Sheffield United score. What next? Allowing a team to score a fake goal if one team scores as a result of a wrongly awarded throw in.

grecian

A bit surprised by the suggestion that Villa should have let Sheffield United score. What next? Allowing a team to score a fake goal if one team scores as a result of a wrongly awarded throw in.
I only heard Adrian Durham say that, so it can be easily ignored.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Are people enjoying this? I have to admit I’m not. I haven’t watched the German stuff (good word that) so the English season resuming is my first watch.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I see de Gea is still making howlers. Henderson surely number 1 next season.
Yeah need to move him on and get Henderson in. DDG isn’t terrible, he still makes plenty of incredible saves to balance out the blunders. But Henderson has arguably been the best keeper in the league this year.

grecian

Are people enjoying this? I have to admit I’m not. I haven’t watched the German stuff (good word that) so the English season resuming is my first watch.
I am loving it, does show how empty my life is otherwise, but I think we all know that. Something to look forward too, something other than the ****ing virus to talk about at work, even loving nonsensical hatred of VAR, SOO ****ing glad it's back.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
iFollow went **** up on day one of the Championship. Not particularly surprised, but this is seen by some as a saviour for EFL clubs next season if fans aren’t allowed in.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah need to move him on and get Henderson in. DDG isn’t terrible, he still makes plenty of incredible saves to balance out the blunders. But Henderson has arguably been the best keeper in the league this year.
He was brilliant for my lot a few years ago but I never thought he'd become so good so quickly. Good case for him taking Pickford's place now and giving him a year for England ahead of the tournament next summer.

Uppercut

He was brilliant for my lot a few years ago but I never thought he'd become so good so quickly. Good case for him taking Pickford's place now and giving him a year for England ahead of the tournament next summer.
Yeah it’s a no-brainer. Henderson is excellent and Pickford is ****e.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The EFL are doing themselves proud. They deducted Macclesfield two points knowing full well it makes no difference to anything. The punishment also includes a £20,000 fine when all their problems are caused by having no money. The fact that Stevenage finished behind a team that had 13 points deducted probably means there’s little sympathy for them though.

grecian

Why isn't Traore playing, he's the funnest thing abut Wolves, mind you could be a useful sub.