• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One-off games as well. Bayern favourites but really anyone could win it. Would not expect this Barcelona side to be capable of beating Bayern or City over two legs but they could definitely beat them in a single match, same goes for Atletico or Juventus. Can't even totally rule Madrid out yet.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I feel like burn out is coming for them though. They need an injection in the next year to keep the team going, like we kinda do now.
I'd agree with this, I was surprised they didn't go for Werner. They've already gotten away with one summer of no recruitment, there's only so long they can ask the same squad to keep drinking at the well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bayern were idle for 3 months and came back absolutely destroying teams. Not sure the break will hurt a side that knows itself so well.
Against other sides who had also been idle though. I'd expect them to run riot if it was starting this week because they're more up to speed, but with a month off while other teams are still playing it's not a foregone conclusion.

grecian

Still can't quite believe Werner went to Chelsea instead of Liverpool, would have been exactly the type of player to refresh them next year. 3 Forwards all about 28, could probably do with changing them up a little, the intensity they play, but I guess Werner probably didn't want to play second fiddle to them. Selling one of them seems almost pointless in the likely depressed market.

We'll see a lot of their youngsters for the rest of the season, they look good, will Klopp trust them when it matters though, and they're really not positionally what Liverpool need. Harvey Elliott maybe interesting, no real need for a winger in this side, so can he play as a 3, probably not for a few years though. Brewster, doesn't look good enough, but we'll see where he is next year. living in Swansea seems a bit of a demoralising thing to do to a kid.

Be funny if people like van Den Berg, Neco Williams and Hoever pick up Champions medals, with poor old Stevie G looking on aghast. Adrian getting one probably a decent story,along with his Super Cup and World thingy after being released by the hopefully relegated West Ham.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Th FA Cup resumes this weekend. Hopefully after such a long break and so few games left all the teams involved will play their strongest sides - but they probably won't.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Are they allowed five subs in the cup, as well as the league? If so, not much excuse for playing their reserves.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's quite rare for the last eight to be entirely from the top division. It would have been interesting if a League One club were in it and had to come out of hibernation.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Are they allowed five subs in the cup, as well as the league? If so, not much excuse for playing their reserves.
The FIFA recommendation was 5 subs for all competitions that allow 3, so unless the FA are even more stupid than normal it should be safe to assume.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Beeb's World service drowning us Liverpool stuff. They have a teenage girl as one of the expert panelists. Anyway. Leeds smiting Fulham in a game with less possession than usual

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
FIFA have long wanted to break the game into quarters so more adverts can be shown (except on the BBC). I bet these breaks become the norm.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The one Norwich player who will be in the Premier League next season is Cantwell. He is about the only good player they have.

grecian

The one Norwich player who will be in the Premier League next season is Cantwell. He is about the only good player they have.
Someone may take a chance with Pukki, 11 goals isn't appalling in the Prem for a struggling side, depends on how much Norwich want I guess. Leeds would improve with him there, but they'd improve with any half-decent striker TBBH.

In others news, Chris Martin's cut out will be at Wembley, I think I'd have preferred it to be the iconic Kiwi Tail-ender, but it's just the boring troubadour with the emphasis on dour.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Someone may take a chance with Pukki, 11 goals isn't appalling in the Prem for a struggling side, depends on how much Norwich want I guess. Leeds would improve with him there, but they'd improve with any half-decent striker TBBH.
They would ask too much money for someone the wrong side of 30.

Uppercut

Max Aarons and Buendia would improve a lot of Premiership sides. But they’ll probably hold on to them, they didn’t spend anything this season so there won’t be the usual relegation fire sale.