• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have to say well done Middlesex, built a damn strong side and TRJ has been peerless all season. Have been in the running for several years in a row now, well deserved.

On the other hand, **** everything, you know?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
If he's having a Kebab at half 5 on an afternoon I'd hope so.

EDIT: If your unwell surely the last thing you should go for is a kebab.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair do's to the Middx captain, who clearly was a better judge of target setting than I was suggesting a couple of hours ago.
And also to TRJ.

Disappointed for Somerset, as you don't see them getting this close in the foreseeable future.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lancashire dodged a bullet - if Alviro doesn't come back and Hameed is with England next summer can see us being last by a record margin

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Talking of TRJ when you watched him in that game you find it hard to believe that Finn is anywhere near the England side as TRJ comprehensively outbowled him all match. Finn just hasn't improved from the raw youngster that first got picked which is a shame.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Finn goes forward and back. He's had some great tests and run of good tests where you think he may have cracked it and then he reverts back. Finn was a little unlucky, wicket wasn't exactly conducive to fast bowling and TRJ was in an England squad earlier this year, so he's no mug.

I missed it at the time (and it didn't get mentioned anywhere really) but both Finn and Jordan didn't make the ODI squad for Bangladesh. Good about Jordan. Shows how far Finn has fallen, and another reason why he was playing this game and Bairstow wasn't

Pothas

Yeah he looked so good in South Africa, he is frustrating but receives way too much vitriol on here.

Pretty disappointing from Hampshire to lose that badly after the position they were in after a day and half but taking twenty wickets was always going to be the problem. Plenty of good young players though, if Topley is fit next year then we have got a very decent chance of going back up.

Scaly piscine

Finn goes forward and back. He's had some great tests and run of good tests where you think he may have cracked it and then he reverts back. Finn was a little unlucky, wicket wasn't exactly conducive to fast bowling and TRJ was in an England squad earlier this year, so he's no mug.

I missed it at the time (and it didn't get mentioned anywhere really) but both Finn and Jordan didn't make the ODI squad for Bangladesh. Good about Jordan. Shows how far Finn has fallen, and another reason why he was playing this game and Bairstow wasn't
Yes but Finn did make the Test squad. Which I think is a complete waste of time. They already have 5 seam options. Finn makes it 6.

I just think they need to draw a line and let him be considered for selection when he's back bowling 90mph. It achieves absolutely nothing to keep him in and around getting the odd match when he's bowling low 80s ****e. His selection arguably cost England a series win against Pakistan.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Durham could be relegated anyway? Durham face relegation if ECB impose points deduction for financial woes | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

I think even if they hit them with a points deduction then it would have to be massive deduction for them to be relegated. That last win against Hampshire could be vital. Could slap them with a 24 point deduction and they'd still be fine.

No real surprise Borthwick and Stoneman left if they are still having these kind of financial problems. A lot of runs gone but Durham seem a resilient bunch and always seem to find players than can step up. I noticed Paul Coughlin who has been more a bowler to this point, scored 231 in a second xi final earlier this month against an attack featuring Fuller, Harris and Ravi Patel. It'll be tough staying up but I'd certainly take them over Essex to stay up.

fredfertang

Can't help feeling a points penalty, or indeed any penalty, would be anything other than a grave injustice - Durham have been a terrific addition to the domestic game