• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did this network call the series away in Australia? I'm wondering if Shastri and Gavaskar were on air because it would have been funny to see how they went without blowing smoke up the Indian team, and their own arses.

Spikey

dude don't bother arguing with him just call him a **** an add in an acronym like tbh or imo, no capitals, no smilies and it's done
you've got pretty uppity since you beat riggins to 1000. who do you think you are ****?

Burgey

Wow, how about the false choppers on the bloke in the crowd just then? Looked like a light tower.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well we're now seeing how desperate Australia are without the fight and experience of Hussey and Ponting in that middle order, Hughes just looks terrible out there, Wade is a joke against spin, Watson flatters to deceive again and Cowan has always looked average to me, Warner dug in but again you just get the feeling that not having the ball come on to his bat leaves him in no mans land.

Pattinson done better than i expected but Lyon really took a beating, it got to the point where i almost felt sorry for the lad, the question now is whether he can come back from that and show some fight in the next test!!, then we have Starc who was the talk of the town against us in the recent ODI's but here he's been found out, those yorkers just don't cut it on these tracks.

Clark once again showed what a top batsman he is but he can't do it all on his own, just like Pattinson couldn't when Aus bowled.

In closing if this series goes the way i think it could go (India whitewash) then i fear for Aus when they play the back to back Ashes, i really do, this side is just not good enough to compete with them right now imo, the bowling is decent in the right conditions but the batting just doesn't breed confidence to me.

DingDong

State Captain
wow this indian side is pretty good but they need to start doing this consistently against sa and eng to be back among the best

Mr_Ronan

Banned
Such a pity we couldn't get this match into the final day cos this pitch is getting to be a minefield and would have been a nightmare to bat on tomorrow. Even 150 would not have been an easy chase.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well we're now seeing how desperate Australia are without the fight and experience of Hussey and Ponting in that middle order, Hughes just looks terrible out there, Wade is a joke against spin, Watson flatters to deceive again and Cowan has always looked average to me, Warner dug in but again you just get the feeling that not having the ball come on to his bat leaves him in no mans land.

Pattinson done better than i expected but Lyon really took a beating, it got to the point where i almost felt sorry for the lad, the question now is whether he can come back from that and show some fight in the next test!!, then we have Starc who was the talk of the town against us in the recent ODI's but here he's been found out, those yorkers just don't cut it on these tracks.

Clark once again showed what a top batsman he is but he can't do it all on his own, just like Pattinson couldn't when Aus bowled.

In closing if this series goes the way i think it could go (India whitewash) then i fear for Aus when they play the back to back Ashes, i really do, this side is just not good enough to compete with them right now imo, the bowling is decent in the right conditions but the batting just doesn't breed confidence to me.
excellent post.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Naw, they'll bring in Doherty and/or Smith as extra spinners and turn in all round.

:laugh:

Spikey

Such a pity we couldn't get this match into the final day cos this pitch is getting to be a minefield and would have been a nightmare to bat on tomorrow. Even 150 would not have been an easy chase.
were siddle and starc gonna bowl some offies if it went into a 4th innings???

Furball

Evil Scotsman
From what I recall Dhoni didn't get out that way at all. He regularly poked outside the offstump edging to Prior and co and left one from Anderson that came in and took the offstump. They were all very poor shots but by no means slogs, and neither was he trying to go hard at the English bowlers to hit his way into form.

In fact the only time he did go aggressive was in the 3rd test where he actually batted well and scored two fifties.
Played a ridiculous shot against Broad at Trent Bridge in the first innings. Tried to smash one through the covers when the smart thing to do would have been to leave it.

Spikey

Reasons why Watson failed opening

a) He didn't have suitable warning so as to help get into the 'zone'
b) Cowan was opening with him
c) The bowlers
d) Bears