• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well we're now seeing how desperate Australia are without the fight and experience of Hussey and Ponting in that middle order, Hughes just looks terrible out there, Wade is a joke against spin, Watson flatters to deceive again and Cowan has always looked average to me, Warner dug in but again you just get the feeling that not having the ball come on to his bat leaves him in no mans land.

Pattinson done better than i expected but Lyon really took a beating, it got to the point where i almost felt sorry for the lad, the question now is whether he can come back from that and show some fight in the next test!!, then we have Starc who was the talk of the town against us in the recent ODI's but here he's been found out, those yorkers just don't cut it on these tracks.

Clark once again showed what a top batsman he is but he can't do it all on his own, just like Pattinson couldn't when Aus bowled.

In closing if this series goes the way i think it could go (India whitewash) then i fear for Aus when they play the back to back Ashes, i really do, this side is just not good enough to compete with them right now imo, the bowling is decent in the right conditions but the batting just doesn't breed confidence to me.
We need Darren Bravo tbh.

ajdude

International Coach
goddamnit i hope this goes until stumps tonight, i don't wanna have to continue being **** at 2k13 until tomb raider finishes downloading

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well we're now seeing how desperate Australia are without the fight and experience of Hussey and Ponting in that middle order, Hughes just looks terrible out there, Wade is a joke against spin, Watson flatters to deceive again and Cowan has always looked average to me, Warner dug in but again you just get the feeling that not having the ball come on to his bat leaves him in no mans land.

Pattinson done better than i expected but Lyon really took a beating, it got to the point where i almost felt sorry for the lad, the question now is whether he can come back from that and show some fight in the next test!!, then we have Starc who was the talk of the town against us in the recent ODI's but here he's been found out, those yorkers just don't cut it on these tracks.

Clark once again showed what a top batsman he is but he can't do it all on his own, just like Pattinson couldn't when Aus bowled.

In closing if this series goes the way i think it could go (India whitewash) then i fear for Aus when they play the back to back Ashes, i really do, this side is just not good enough to compete with them right now imo, the bowling is decent in the right conditions but the batting just doesn't breed confidence to me.
You do realise that Ponting was utterly **** for about 3 years before he retired, dont you?

Mr_Ronan

Banned

Hahaha wow no need to worry about Aus champ, this is the same team which had won 12 and lost just 3 of its previous 18 Tests and has been the only side to cause big problems for SA both home and away...and those Tests were played in the sort of conditions we will confront in the Ashes, not dustbowls.

It always amuses me when people start writing the obituaries of teams based on one Test. India have done very well here and deserve to win. But at 7-370 yesterday the match was dead even until Dhoni played like superman. If not for that Aus would now have a lead and India would be facing a nasty chase on what would have been a **** of a pitch tomorrow.

Every now and then you run into a performance like what Dhoni put up yesterday and so you lose the match. It doesn't mean your side is suddenly useless. The way Dhoni batted yesterday it wouldn't have mattered of our attack was Steyn, Philander, Ajmal and Swann...he would have carted anyone.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...s-fail-to-find-right-spin-20130225-2f23n.html

The NSW left-arm orthodox took eight wickets in a Shield match at Blacktown just days before the touring party was named, and is easily the leading domestic wicket-taker among spinners this season. He can bat, too. The word is, O'Keefe has a line through his name, though, because he is a chirpy, confident lad not afraid to speak his mind. The suggestion is that kind of newcomer's personality doesn't suit the team culture.
presumably Chris Barrett has not seen SOK bowl