• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Butt/Amir/Asif - Spot Fixing Trial

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah it was.

My previous post obviously highlights the fact that I consider Asif the worst human being to play cricket.
Hansie Cronje, easily.

Getting two naive coloured kids to go along with his matchfixing antics is possibly the scummiest thing that's ever been associated with cricket.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hansie Cronje, easily.

Getting two naive coloured kids to go along with his matchfixing antics is possibly the scummiest thing that's ever been associated with cricket.
Who?

Wouldn't it be Azhar by that logic? Or whoever first brought him in ? Sharma or some Pakistani cricketer ?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gibbs of course got out there and forgot what he was supposed to do and smacked 60 odd. what a guy. probably went to a strip club that night

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Given Williams didn't do what he was meant to either because he was injured, it was a bit of a crap attempt at match-fixing.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Gibbs was 25 and Williams 32 at the time and both playing cricket for a long time. Hardly young and naive Kids.

Compared to this Butt brought in a 18 year old in Aamir, who was still new to cricket when he was captain. While Asif has all sort of other past controversies too.

Probably Azhar, Ajay Sharma and Salim Malik beat all of them in this regard though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gibbs was 25 and Williams 32 at the time and both playing cricket for a long time. Hardly young and naive Kids.

Compared to this Butt brought in a 18 year old in Aamir, who was still new to cricket when he was captain. While Asif has all sort of other past controversies too.

Probably Azhar, Ajay Sharma and Salim Malik beat all of them in this regard though.
It's the fact that they were both coloured that really doesn't sit well with me. Given South Africa's history in regard to race relations, a white captain exploiting two of his coloured players to do his dirty work, at a time when non-whites were starting to properly establish themselves in South African cricket is extremely distasteful.

smash84

The Tiger King
btw I (and many of my friends in this part of the world) could never understand howHerschelle Gibbs isn't white? He is as white as they come. What's the distinction?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
btw I (and many of my friends in this part of the world) could never understand howHerschelle Gibbs isn't white? He is as white as they come. What's the distinction?
He's mixed race.

Compare Gibbs to a de Villiers or Smith - he certainly isn't "as white as they come."

smash84

The Tiger King
I should have said he seems as white as they come :p

I couldn't see much difference between him and De Villiers :p