• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Butt/Amir/Asif - Spot Fixing Trial

smash84

The Tiger King
Just stumbled upon this thread and read this post on the first page. Holy **** if that isn't the biggest pile of steaming monkey crap I've ever seen with regards to this debate. I don't know what's worse, the post or the fact that people like smali actually agreed with it. Jesus. Hilariously bad.
Oh come on OS. If you start digging into forum archives you will find some very esteemed posters have posted some very silly stuff let alone ordinary mortals like myself :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd love it if he came back and then got called for chucking and banned again. It's be the funniest thing ever.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder if they'll let him. You'd think a ban would apply to any officially sanctioned match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well they tried that and he immediately played in club cricket in a clear breach of the ban - should never be allowed to step foot on a pitch again IMO. 5 years was a pathetically short ban.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Despite having no sympathy for Amir I'm a bit torn over whether he should be able to play domestic cricket, actually.

On one hand, I don't think the ICC should have the power to tell the PCB who they can let play in their domestic competitions. Just not in its jurisdiction IMO, so it should be a PCB decision only.

On the other hand, I don't think he should ever be allowed to play professional or semi-professional cricket again. If it was up to me I'd rub him out for good.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Sympathy why not?

To have sympathy would be to see he isn't the biggest villan in this episode, and was a kid who didn't know better, and has the potential to contribute a great deal to cricket, overall a loss from several perspectives.

Now unless you uniformly have no sympathy for people who make mistakes and are being punished then fine, if not then interesting to know why on earth it would sicken you.

Btw, whilst guilty of spot fixing he didn't match fix as far as we know, in my book match fixing is more unforgivable compared to spot fixing, in the sense that match fixing you make the game and contest a sham, spot fixing you don't necessarily do that.