• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell and Ryder break team protocol again - end of the road?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, we heard rumours that Jesse was up to his old tricks down in Dunedin, but this is just ridiculous. I don't think he should even play for NZ again in ODI's and T20's. Promote Latham into the side straight away and look to develop him for the World Cup.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah it should be clarified Ryder wasn't disciplined and played two more ODIs after the Jan 26 one with Neesham. Then on Wednesday night he was out with Bracewell, Dougeh breaking a bone in his foot between Wednesday afternoon's training session and Thursday morning.

Flem274*

123/5
we won't throw ryder away for good. not until he's well into his 30s. he's got too much potential and everyone knows it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nah it should be clarified Ryder wasn't disciplined and played two more ODIs after the Jan 26 one with Neesham. Then on Wednesday night he was out with Bracewell, Dougeh breaking a bone in his foot between Wednesday afternoon's training session and Thursday morning.
roger that. got all that from the thread. Just said at least Neesham looks ok in all of this even if he wasn't in the final incident at all he showed some good common sense in the earlier incident.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Indeed - players get injured all the time the morning of the match. He is goneburgers. He is obviously still an alcoholic.
Well, once you're an alcoholic, you'll always be one.

He is obviously just incredibly stupid or has no willpower whatsoever or doesn't comprehend when there is a risky situation, i.e. series win, boys gonna go out on the piss, etc.

Such a shame.

Flem274*

123/5
has he ever confirmed he is an alcoholic or is this just a media thing?

regardless he's made some bad calls in his time.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just get rid IMO - cast him aside from international and domestic cricket.

How many more chances is he going to get anyway?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just get rid IMO - cast him aside from international and domestic cricket.

How many more chances is he going to get anyway?
Agree, how many 'last' chances can a chap have? He clearly doesn't take it seriously. I've defended the guy so often in the past due to his talent, but no argument from me if they decide enough is enough this time.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Alcoholism (which is a much broader term than just being an alcoholic) is a serious serious problem. Its overly simplistic and demeaning to jesse to call him stupid or to say he has a lack of willpower.

Obviously he is unable to meet the standards required of being a professional sportsman, so shouldn't be in the team, because if he is it would be favouritism due to his immense talent, which would be bs considering how many chances he has had.

I think that jesse will have to stay away from alcohol completely if he wants to avoid future trouble, which sadly, might be to much of a test for him.

Prensel

U19 Cricketer
Was this a plan? Bracewell wasn't in the squad for his bowling, he was in there so Jesse couldn't replace anyone in the middle order until McCullum retires :ph34r: