• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bracewell and Ryder break team protocol again - end of the road?

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
What they just showed on 3news was quite contrary to your
Comment.

Video of ryder off face being shoved into a taxi by jimmy. And from what I saw it
Looked like it got a bit heated between the two of them - ryder seemed to be putting his hand round Jimmy's throat.

Why is it the non playing squad members were having these issues with -
Ryder, bracewell, jimmy etc what systems don't we have in place
To keep these muppets in their hotel rooms?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Jimmy as a minder should of said no drinking from the get go
An adult being asked to babysit and make decisions for another adult. Absolutely mind boggling.

If he needs a minder get him an actual AA sponsor or something, not a fellow professional cricketer who has his own life to live.

Blocky

Banned
Yup, was just going to post that myself.

Game over for Ryder. I don't see how the NZ Management can treat this as anything other than proof that he'll never get himself sorted to be a professional dependable cricketer.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Yup, was just going to post that myself.

Game over for Ryder. I don't see how the NZ Management can treat this as anything other than proof that he'll never get himself sorted to be a professional dependable cricketer.
This has to be the end of the road for ryder.

I don't care if we go through a few lemons to replace him in the ODI team, but we can't put up with this crap anymore. The guy is a cancer in that team. On a day the nation should of been celebrating a great test victory, jesses drunken video was the lead story on both channels.

He's a disgrace. F off for good Jeese.

Flem274*

123/5
Jimmy as a minder should of said no drinking from the get go
a bloke in his early 20s just starting his career shouldn't be put into the position of being the minder of a 30 year old man with a history of being problematic in the first place.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Just really disappointed in what Ryder's done. :-( He is one of the most talented cricketers around yet he is throwing it all away. Does he not realise how much is at stake here?

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'm sure he does but he goes ahead with it anyway.

Speaking from experience, old habits die hard. Really hard.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I am upset at Jesse Ryder's repeated infractions, but I am not angry at him and, sadly, I am not too surprised either. Alcoholism really can be a disease, and when it is a disease it has very little to do with what a person wants to do or how much self-control they have. I used to play cricket and hockey alongside a guy like that. He wasn't the world's most talented cricketer, but when he was sober he was a good bloke and a good guy to have in the team. He was also a really good mate. But his like of a drink at the end of a day's play, turned into a like for a lot of drinks at the end of most days. He didn't get any IPL riches, but he did inherit some money when his Mum died. And then he let his contract at work lapse and things just got worse. He had plenty of free time, money to keep him in booze, and no pressure to get up early for work the next day. The drinking just got worse. He would constantly tell us that he had quit, and that he was sober, but it was always a lie. Because lying is what addicts do when they want people to stop hassling them. Eventually he drifted away from team sports and we lost touch. I do see him occasionally though. He is fat and bloated and pale as a corpse, and clearly still drinking, and cannot hold down a job to save himself. He is not a bad person, but his addiction makes him think that his way of life isn't something that needs to be fixed. Addiction lies. And addicts lie. And every indication seems to be that Jesse is an addict.