• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not too sure about the Joshua v Klitschko fight. Joshua still unproven against a real top class opponent and Klitschko aged 41 and not fought for 17 months. Hard to predict. I don't think I'd be surprised whoever wins.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not too sure about the Joshua v Klitschko fight. Joshua still unproven against a real top class opponent and Klitschko aged 41 and not fought for 17 months. Hard to predict. I don't think I'd be surprised whoever wins.
pretty much. We don't know how much Klitschko has left, and we don't know how real Joshua is.

What we do know is that Joshua has an excellent coach, and I think we're gonna see some highly intelligent game plan.

Mike5181

International Captain
Klitschko kind of let Joshua rest a bit there with a couple of quiet rounds. Pretty awesome fight.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Great watch.

Mauro on commentary was fantastic as usual, love him so much. Such a shame that he's not with WWE anymore.

"Joshua just smoked him like a Monte Cristo" :laugh:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing fight.

I kinda wish Klitschko hadn't taken his foot off in the 6th round, but that's the way he fights - safety first. It cost him here.

Tremendous effort from Joshua and now he's definitely the king of the heavyweight division. What's more, he's probably going to become the face of boxing with Canelo.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

What a guy. Speaks Russian, German and English fluently Been in tremendous physical shape over a 20+ year professional career. Never tested positive for PEDS. Always conducted himself professionally and courteously. Completely remodeled himself after early failures and was virtually unbeatable for 10+ years.

Absolute hero, one of the best of all time.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great fight and credit to both.

Joshua has the potential to become a global star like Jordan, Bolt and Tyson

Fun thing is that it could all go **** up with one blow

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching Klitschko fight like that at 41 makes you appreciate one how good he is/was and two how good his brother was too. Nobody could lay a glove on either of them for years after Lewis retired and to have dominated for so long is some effort despite the fact people say it was a weak era for heavyweight boxing. As we saw last night these guys can hit hard and to have gone unscathed for so long was a great effort by both.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

What a guy. Speaks Russian, German and English fluently Been in tremendous physical shape over a 20+ year professional career. Never tested positive for PEDS. Always conducted himself professionally and courteously. Completely remodeled himself after early failures and was virtually unbeatable for 10+ years.

Absolute hero, one of the best of all time.
I watched a doco yesterday called Boxing Klitshko (or similar)

Whilst basically a PR piece, he came across as a good guy who also ignored his family's pleas to retire after the Brewster fight

BTw, Vitali would have ruined both Joshua and Fury (as would Lewis) - guy was an animal

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, I always thought Vitali was the better of the brothers. From a boxing fan's viewpoint it was always a bit of a shame they would never entertain the idea of fighting each other.

Hope Joshua gets at least the chance to unite the belts now. He's answered two of the questions that hung over him: his chin and his stamina.

Will say I wouldn't want to see him come in any heavier than this though. Not convinced the extra weight helped him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Vitali was definitely the better of the brothers, which makes Wlad's career even more impressive IMO.

Early Wlad had not much boxing skill and a weak chin, but got by on his tremendous power. He completely remodeled himself. Hell, we could even see Joshua do the same.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Vitali was a true great - his two losses were both due to injuries. Might've beaten Lewis if it hadn't been for that horrific cut that opened up above his eye. Wlad I would rate as being very, very good, but his struggles in his last two fights when he couldn't just rely on strategically bullying smaller opponents probably takes a bit of gloss off his career. Will be interesting to see if he executes his rematch clause - he could've and arguably should've won this fight so there's a definite incentive for him to give it a go, but I kinda hope that he listens to his family and walks away.

Joshua as ever looking a bit too big for his own good, he was completely gassed by the end of the first minute of round 5, and was lucky to make it through without going down. The fact that he spat out his mouthguard to buy himself an extra 10 or so seconds at the start of round 6 shows just how hard he needs to work on his stamina. Doesn't have to worry about that too much against Wilder though, one way or another I can't see that one going deep.