• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Compton

International Debutant
Anyone giving Bellew much of a chance for tonight?

Can't see anything but Haye by KO tbh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haye early doors is where the smart money is going, but if Bellew survives the early onslaught there's a chance Haye will run out of gas.

Never had much stamina and this is his fourth (I think) fight in five years.

Niall

International Coach
A seismic shock in the world of boxing according to Sky.
A lot of focus on the Haye injury, but he looked rubbish before that, low quality fight sadly.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw the fight and it really could have been stopped after 6 as Haye could barely stand up with that injury with even the final "knockdown" was as a result of Haye's leg collapsing beneath him

Only way Haye fights again is if he needs the money because if he cant take Bellew out in a couple then he has no future on the world stage

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I mean I'll still watch this fight but I'd much rather watch these two fight legitimate opponents in their own weight class.
I take that back.

If David Haye fights any heavyweight in the top 20 he gets destroyed. Even before the injury, he looked garbage. No timing, slow footwork, no balance, and the power wasn't there either. I guess now we know why he hasn't fought anyone legitimate in 5 years (and even then, Chysora is more British/European level than world class).

Bellew as well, saying he wants Wilder. Jesus. I would hate for that fight to happen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Haye off for surgery on achilles and Bellew says he broke his hand early in the fight. Pure drama last night even if it wasn't great quality.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I just watched it and seemed to like it more than most. Some heart was shown. The prematch trash talking was absolutely absurd and put me off watching it live.

King Pietersen

International Captain
June 10th. T Mobile Arena has reportedly been reserved by Mayweather for a potential fight with Conor McGregor. Oh ****. Really hope this happens.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, I was giving that to Jacobs. Not a robbery because it was close...but still, I thought he'd done enough and deserved the W.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn, I was giving that to Jacobs. Not a robbery because it was close...but still, I thought he'd done enough and deserved the W.
Gave GGG 4 of the first 6 and at least 2 of the remainder

KD was the difference IMO

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Shame, but it was on the cards with all the whining and prevaricating from the Fury camp. Time for Parker to head to the UK?