• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Miller is great and would vote against for him in nearly every battle but is has to be Robin Smith

HeathDavisSpeed

Jeez. Love all three of these fullas. I'm gonna vote for Robin Smith though. Bumped into him a few times at the Rose Bowl, decent chap. Would be happy to see the others through, mind.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty sure I nomed him so going for dear old Judgey: Robin Smith.

Gutsy, pugnacious cricketer. No secret he wasn't the best player of spin, but an awesome hooker and puller. Remember for a brief time when Gooch was ranked #1 in the world, Smith was #2 and we had, amazingly, the two best batsman in the world. Which, given the depths we'd plumbed, was a source of cricketing pride for my younger self.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Would vote for Miller but I assume he'll win the battle anyway; so I'll give my vote to Nathan Astle to try and ensure he'll have enough to get in as a wildcard.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Miller. Flew fighter jets, FFS.
Actually he flew Mosquitos, which were propeller driven, rather than jets. :pedant:

Miller easily for mine - in my top half-a-dozen cricketers of all time.

Would have voted for that other great Victorian allrounder, McDonald, in the last round, if I'd been fast enough...

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure I nomed him so going for dear old Judgey: Robin Smith.

Gutsy, pugnacious cricketer. No secret he wasn't the best player of spin, but an awesome hooker and puller. Remember for a brief time when Gooch was ranked #1 in the world, Smith was #2 and we had, amazingly, the two best batsman in the world. Which, given the depths we'd plumbed, was a source of cricketing pride for my younger self.
This, and I remember that #1 / #2 match-up as though it was yesterday.

The Judge was just a heroic figure for me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Miller.

Uppercut and Thierry may hate it, but cricket myths are awesome, and his is one of the best as the years go by. Legend.

fredfertang

Great man as The Judge was even if only half the stories about the Nuggett were true he's still not a patch on Keith Miller