• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonbrooks

International Debutant
But they haven't all be on form.

Guptill: worries me. 237 is great but following that up against Saffers will be next level difficult
McCullum: said a while ago that he can now trust his defence which gives him a lot of confidence. Well he's been reckless and hasn't really come off in this world cup. He needs to balance his aggression with blunting the attack
Kane: is in a bit of a funk
Taylor: I'm in no man's land with this guy
Elliot: still have horrors watching him be destroyed by Starc. Most embarrassing dismissal I've ever seen. Bowling - ugh
Anderson: too inexperienced to know how to rotate strike. It’s either go big or go home. Bowling - meh
Ronchi: the right key for me
Vettori: gold
Milne: scratch. But his replacement comes in super cold.
Southee: has been terribly off form lately
Boult: gold, but if you see him off, NZ attack struggles

Doom and gloom and all that but I’m definitely not in the NZ are favourites camp.

I won’t be disappointed if they lose - not really, because the world class players that SA have are incredible and are hitting good form.
A pretty fair assessment here.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Guptill: worries me. 237 is great but following that up against Saffers will be next level difficult
McCullum: said a while ago that he can now trust his defence which gives him a lot of confidence. Well he's been reckless and hasn't really come off in this world cup. He needs to balance his aggression with blunting the attack
Elliot: still have horrors watching him be destroyed by Starc. Most embarrassing dismissal I've ever seen. Bowling - ugh
Anderson: too inexperienced to know how to rotate strike. It’s either go big or go home. Bowling - meh

Doom and gloom and all that but I’m definitely not in the NZ are favourites camp.

I won’t be disappointed if they lose - not really, because the world class players that SA have are incredible and are hitting good form.
Holy ***, they might as well not even bother turning up today based on that. I mean when you get to the stage of being worried about a bloke who scored 237 * in a WC quarter in his last hit out....Jeez mate.

viriya

International Captain

We be ****ed boys! Time to jump ship!

GGG

State Captain
I am less nervous about this game that the quarter, I just couldn't handle getting knocked out to a team we should beat more times than not, SA win then the better team on paper won, I can handle that and more so if they win the whole thing.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I remember the 1992 cup really well and one of the great memories were the team shirts.

This time there's no official style - total bummer.
Yup, it's the ghosts of 1992 for me in more ways than one. There are the obvious parallels - semi final, Eden Park, dream run, influential captain, opposition that's on the upswing, etc.

That was also the first major cricket event I watched. India were infuriatingly bad at the time (though Azhar and Tendulkar played some of the best knocks of the tournament), and somewhere in the middle I switched allegiance to NZ - for good!

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I'm nervous as hell. Sitting here at work in my Black Caps shirt. Mind's not on the job. Been listening to Martin Devlin on the radio going mental hasn't helped.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have taken a half day and am heading home now. Will be doing a quick workout before the game to take my mind off things.

Fire up black