• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonbrooks

International Debutant
The weather has cleared and forecast is fine for the rest of the day. Eden Park has excellent drainage and the ground will be fairly dry by the time the game starts.

I feel the toss will be crucial. With the overnight rain some of that moisture would have seeped in under the covers and it might have freshened things up a little bit. The winning captain will surely bowl first.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The sun has just made its first appearance of the day at my place, which is 5km from Eden Park.

Still a lot of clouds about, but I can see some growing patches of blue sky.

James

Cricket Web Owner
With all this rain and cloud around in Auckland to freshen up the pitch, no doubt it's going to be perfect for swing bowling. Perhaps we'll see another 150 plays 150. Hopefully BMac can win the toss.

smash84

The Tiger King
the difference in the polls suggests NZ to be overwhelmingly favorites.

The difference in the quality of the sides doesn't merit such a huge difference in votes

Burgey

What's it like in Geelong?

Good luck to both sides today. I've enjoyed this WC immensely so far, and the last three games shape up as crackers. I think NZ will get there, but won't be surprised if there's some arse clenching along the way.

Moss

International Vice-Captain

The difference in the quality of the sides doesn't merit such a huge difference in votes
Ha ha..CW is truly that parallel universe (utopia?) where the NZ fan contingent outnumbers and even out-shouts the rest.

Burgey

Yeah but half the people who think nz will win migh think they'll win very narrowly. Polls are quantitative only

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Feeling excited and not even nervous, honest. I just can't wait for the game to start.

Has been a fantastic tournament, the NZ team has caught the public's imagination in a way that matches my earliest cricketing memories of the 1992 World Cup, and the whole country is behind the team.

Looking forward to the start where, bat or bowl, we come out and try to destroy SA. It will be fun.

Howsie

International Captain
Damn so many people with New Zealand cricket shirts on in and around the city. Never thought I'd see this kind of support. It'll be hard to beat the Aussie game I witnessed last month but I reckon this game might do it. Get up NZ.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
NZ all the way I reckon..they have a wonderfully balanced team..
But they haven't all be on form.

Guptill: worries me. 237 is great but following that up against Saffers will be next level difficult
McCullum: said a while ago that he can now trust his defence which gives him a lot of confidence. Well he's been reckless and hasn't really come off in this world cup. He needs to balance his aggression with blunting the attack
Kane: is in a bit of a funk
Taylor: I'm in no man's land with this guy
Elliot: still have horrors watching him be destroyed by Starc. Most embarrassing dismissal I've ever seen. Bowling - ugh
Anderson: too inexperienced to know how to rotate strike. It’s either go big or go home. Bowling - meh
Ronchi: the right key for me
Vettori: gold
Milne: scratch. But his replacement comes in super cold.
Southee: has been terribly off form lately
Boult: gold, but if you see him off, NZ attack struggles

Doom and gloom and all that but I’m definitely not in the NZ are favourites camp.

I won’t be disappointed if they lose - not really, because the world class players that SA have are incredible and are hitting good form.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Has been a fantastic tournament, the NZ team has caught the public's imagination in a way that matches my earliest cricketing memories of the 1992 World Cup, and the whole country is behind the team.
I remember the 1992 cup really well and one of the great memories were the team shirts.

This time there's no official style - total bummer.