• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woodster

International Captain
I think SL will stuff England. England also will have some instability due to Yardy's withdrawal. I feel it may be too much and might open old wounds like when Trescothick left the team.
With all due respect to Yardy's cricketing credentials, he is not even close to being as important a player as Trescothick was in the England side. Any side would miss a player of Trescothick's undoubted quality, while Yardy will be much easier to replace. Still a terrible illness to develop though and I feel for him.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah the yardy departure at this point in time must be a big blow to the morale of the rest of the team

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yardy leaving should'nt affect us at all out on the pitch its not like hes dropped dead or anything.

Sling Rashid straight in the line up aswell.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've seen it suggested in quite a few reports that Dernbach has the inside track to the starting XI.

Would be a punt, obvz but we got lucky with the Wright/Tredders gamble so never say never.

Dernbach has a great fusion accent too. Mostly modern urban London but you can hear the Durban upbringing when he says words like "yeah", "there" & "here".

Howe_zat

Audio File
Sounds fine tbh. As you say, a punt, but after seeing Jimmy clearly being wraxed and Tremmers just not being that good an ODI bowler, maybe what the side really needs is fresh legs.

Jacknife

International Captain
I've seen it suggested in quite a few reports that Dernbach has the inside track to the starting XI.

Would be a punt, obvz but we got lucky with the Wright/Tredders gamble so never say never.

Dernbach has a great fusion accent too. Mostly modern urban London but you can hear the Durban upbringing when he says words like "yeah", "there" & "here".
When i've heard Dirtbag speak before, I haven't noticed the slight SA accent, like you say it's a modern London accent, I know he came over when he was 16, so I'm surprised he's virtually lost his accent.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
When i've heard Dirtbag speak before, I haven't noticed the slight SA accent, like you say it's a modern London accent, I know he came over when he was 16, so I'm surprised he's virtually lost his accent.
BBC interview.

Says he came over when he was fourteen.

It's slight and, I suppose if you didn't know his background you could miss it, but on the words I mentioned he does have a slight Natal brogue to my ear still.

Somerset Chops

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Apparantly Bresnan has injured his calf according to the BBC highlight programme , be lucky to get 11 on the field at this rate.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be gutted if Bresnan was to miss out through injury. Has really grown on me in this tournament.

R_D

International Debutant
Sri Lanka should win this but should be another close one....
Wouldn't be surprised if England win this match... they have been like that in this world cup.