• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
God I hope Sri Lanka beat England.

NZ vs England would be a terrible semi final. I suppose I hope Sri Lanka win the whole thing now. :S

JBH001

International Regular
Cricinfo reporting that Herath might play forming 3 spinners (with Murali and Mendis I assume). Important to win the toss and bat although it seems the advantage does not favour the team batting first as much as it used to. And Bell to open with Strauss. That is a good call, imo.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
England unchanged but Bell will open instead of Prior. Methinks some of our English posters might be happy about that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

NZ vs England would be a terrible semi final. I suppose I hope Sri Lanka win the whole thing now. :S
Nope, it would be a brilliant semi final, especially if New Zealand won :)

Seeing Murali bowl to our batsmen again, on the other hand, would be terrible in all senses of the word.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach

OMG, so true.

That would be two totally unworthy semi-finalists.

Teams that progress by winning games totally don't deserve it.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England unchanged but Bell will open instead of Prior. Methinks some of our English posters might be happy about that.
Made up, think we might have a chance now with that news and winning the toss. Get 250 on board and see if pressure gets to them.

JBH001

International Regular
Well losing this toss means that SL will really have to play well to earn a semi-final spot.

Edit/ I can't believe this may well be Murali's last ODI (and last international appearance) for Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well losing this toss means that SL will really have to play well to earn a semi-final spot.

Edit/ I can't believe this may well be Murali's last ODI (and last international appearance) for Sri Lanka.
I did not know that he was retiring after the cup. Adds a little extra something to the match and any subsequent knock-outs for Sri Lanka.

Woodster

International Captain
Excellent move to shift Bell up top with Strauss, not to say he'll make a ton, but a good move imo.

Opening the bowling with Dilshan, interesting, and a maiden to start with.

SL going very much with spin - Mendis, Murali, Herath and Dilshan with only Mathews and Malinga offering quicker options. Disappointed England have not gone with Collingwood, and no place for Anderson again, so another chance for big Tremlett to impress. Come on boys!

JBH001

International Regular
What are those red ribbons all the teams have been wearing recently?

Also, Bell is looking good here. Compact and decisive in attack and solid in defense.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Skipper clearly doesn't like opening against the slower bowlers. 4 from 15 pretty ordinary start.

Needs to relax and not just play his mow across the line like his current MO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dilshan on first a very good move to Strauss, he is horrible trying to attack the offie.

Straussy, remember how **** your dismissal was against South Africa? Don't do that.

Edit: SLEDGEHAMMERRRRRR!