• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player would you wish to see reincarnate?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of mine have already been mentioned, but anyway the likes of Bradman, Grace, Ranji, Barnes and Lohmann would be my selection of players.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, has to be Bradman. I can pretty much comprehend the style and/or achievements of any other cricketer in history, but it remains incomprehensible to me that someone was just THAT good.

Also Harold Larwood - to see how fast he really was.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Easy choice for me, gotta be Malcolm Marshall innit?

Went before his time in any event & one of the best bowlers I ever did see. Not mention, he played for Natal & was Shaun Pollock's (amongst many others) mentor.

Don't understand how Gooch & Anwar can be re-incarnated, them not being dead and all.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Easy choice for me, gotta be Malcolm Marshall innit?

Went before his time in any event & one of the best bowlers I ever did see. Not mention, he played for Natal & was Shaun Pollock's (amongst many others) mentor.

Don't understand how Gooch & Anwar can be re-incarnated, them not being dead and all.
according to indian movies they can 8-)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
All those players who played before First World War and performed brilliantly and/or became famous (for cricketing reasons)...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Charles Kortright to see how quick he was. Would kill to see Les Favel against some of the quicker bowlers of today too.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Bradman - to see if he was really as good as he was said to be, and how he goes in the current game.

I know he's the obvious choice, but meh.

stumpski

International Captain
Denis Compton, Keith Miller and Wally Hammond, for the same reason (I suspect) as Zaremba nominated Woolley. Because it's not always about how many runs you get. As for Bradman, for us Poms I reckon once was enough.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If I had to choose only one cricketer, I would choose Ben Holliake. I don't care if he would have become a great player or not, just know that everyone deserves to live for more than 24 years. :(

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah him too. Just that Ben died in my 'time' and is hence more tragic for me. Jackson, from what I've read, would have definitely become one of the finest ever.
I honestly feel like Jackson has become overrated because of his early death. Perhaps another discussion for another time though

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly feel like Jackson has become overrated because of his early death. Perhaps another discussion for another time though
His record is a phenomenal one when you bear in mind he was still only 21 when he played his last match, and that he'd always had fitness problems - those who saw him bat who always maintained he was a great in the offing (Bradman included) were waxing just as lyrical before his death as after