• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Taboo Draft

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Should we change the wicket-keeper classification criterion? I guess most people would pick Walcott and Sangakkara to make them wicket-keepers ultimately.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
So, am I going to get the first pick in round 2?
Second pick in Round 2. We'll do the switcheroo with you and Zaremba, like in the Scorecard draft.

Should we change the wicket-keeper classification criterion? I guess most people would pick Walcott and Sangakkara to make them wicket-keepers ultimately.
Nah, they won't be allowed to keep wickets because they don't qualify as keepers according to our classification. We give them a sheep to keep wicket.

Actually I don't think there's going to be a team that fails to pick a keeper. We're going to run out of all-rounders eventually, and having just two categories to pick from will force teams to pick a keeper (or two) towards the end.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, if everyone only picks one keeper then they'll all be spread nicely over the rounds. There's enough people for it to be that nobody will end up incapable of picking a keeper at some point in the draft. If they fail to do so then that's them being useless.

kingkallis

International Coach
Thats why I picked my all-rounder, I was confused between Miller and Hadlee but decided to go with Hadlee...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
New Rule: A person who picks a player they couldn't have has to pick again from the same category he mentioned, with the same taboo criteria as before, and also gets pushed to the end of the line for the next round. This rule mainly pertains to players that bowl both spin and pace. Cricinfo profile has the final say. Example of such a misdemeanour would be a participant to whom batsman and pacer would be taboo categories, but he picks a multi-talented bowler as a spinner, neglecting the fact that he also bowls pace, according to his cricinfo profile.
Rule also applies to picking all-rounders as batsman/bowler or vice-versa, and other similar misrepresentations.

morgieb up > Eds > Blakus

marc71178 - Sir Garfield Sobers (All Rounder)
Uvelocity - Shane Warne (Spinner)
Cabinet96 - Adam Gilchrist (Wicket Keeper)
Spikey - Jacques Kallis (Batsman)
Cevno - Imran Khan (All Rounder)
Pothas - Malcolm Marshall (Pacer)
G.I.Joe - Muttiah Muralitharan (Spinner)
kyear2 - Viv Richards (Batsman)
kingkallis - Richard Hadlee (All Rounder)
Himannv - Sydney Barnes (Pacer)
weeman27bob - Jack Hobbs (Batsman)
Jager - Keith Miller (All Rounder)
8ankitj - Curtly Ambrose (Pacer)
morgieb - Sachin Tendulkar (Batsman)
Eds
Blakus
NUFAN
Valer
Marcuss
Zaremba
weldone
Michaelf7777777

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
This rule mainly pertains to players that bowl both spin and pace. Cricinfo profile has the final say.
Are you talking about Barnes here? Cricinfo does seem to class him as a pacer although I don't know how accurate that is.

Jager

International Debutant
Are you talking about Barnes here? Cricinfo does seem to class him as a pacer although I don't know how accurate that is.
From what I understand, he bowled at medium-fast pace and used cutters extensively.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
To get through this draft as quickly as possible, can I make my selection now seeing as though I'm going to pick a batsman?

Or is this request a little taboo?