• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds Shoulder Charge Punishment

R_D

International Debutant
As much as i dislike Symmonds.. I don't think he should be punished for this.
Idiotic streaker got what he deserved.
One of the funniest moments of the summer.

gwo

U19 Debutant
all these indian ****ers who are having a go at symonds for this act are spastics.

you come over to my country running around like that and id deck you too.

by having a go at him you're just showing your immense bias against the fella.

Precambrian

Banned
Funny thing is that my last post in this thread got deleted. Not by me. But omeone could've put a small explanation.

What Symmo did was morally right. And had it been in India, he'd got plenty of worshippers, for tackling a wrongdoer "manfully". I thnik it was funny, and idiotic, considering an injury to that guy would've landed Symmo in big trouble.

pasag

RTDAS
Funny thing is that my last post in this thread got deleted. Not by me. But omeone could've put a small explanation.

What Symmo did was morally right. And had it been in India, he'd got plenty of worshippers, for tackling a wrongdoer "manfully". I thnik it was funny, and idiotic, considering an injury to that guy would've landed Symmo in big trouble.
Your last post didn't get deleted. There are no deleted posts in this thread.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dont know if we have watched the same footage and I may be completely wrong but to me it seemed that Symonds did move towards(although not 15 meters) the streaker and tackled him.
No tackle whatsoever. He walked a couple of steps in the guy's direction, who was headed his way anyway, and dropped the shoulder. It wasn't that hard a hit; the idiot in question was on the run and hit a brick-wall (Symonds). I've seen firmer bumps in U/17's rugby, the idiot jusst went flying because he wasn't all that big and Symonds weighs 100kg.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
all these indian ****ers who are having a go at symonds for this act are spastics.

Welcome to the forums, Lleyton Hewitt. I'm surprised you've got time to log in, what with being the little Aussie tennis battler on the ATP tour. How's Bec?

PY

International Coach
I've almost forgiven Symonds for being a total turd all series after this. Would've been criminal to charge him, he didn't use excessive force at all. The other guy just hit the ground hard, which he deserved.

You do something idiotic like invading the pitch then you deserve to be apprehended. Citizen's arrest?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Go back to Cronulla.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

8-)

Either way, streaking is an unutterably stupid thing to do and TBH I don't really care if someone gets hurt doing it, serves them right.

Rather unjust charges, as social points-out in a roundabout way, though, are a fact of life these days. But I'd imagine the attention-seeking **** should be more greatful for being shoulder-charged by Symonds - he got more of the attention he wanted that way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No tackle whatsoever. He walked a couple of steps in the guy's direction, who was headed his way anyway, and dropped the shoulder. It wasn't that hard a hit; the idiot in question was on the run and hit a brick-wall (Symonds). I've seen firmer bumps in U/17's rugby, the idiot jusst went flying because he wasn't all that big and Symonds weighs 100kg.
Quite. No attempt to use his arms at all. He'd be looking at a ban if he lead with his shoulder like that in either code of rugby.

Incidentally, didn't Symonds consider a switch to league once upon a time? Got the build for a second row, anyway.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Quite. No attempt to use his arms at all. He'd be looking at a ban if he lead with his shoulder like that in either code of rugby.

Incidentally, didn't Symonds consider a switch to league once upon a time? Got the build for a second row, anyway.
That's the only way Sonny Bill Williams tackles... :ph34r:

JBMAC

State Captain
32 Posts over a non-event.Give me break...the guy was fined $1500 will have a ban placed on him from attending the Gabba again...doesn't blame Symonds...CA clears him also....what else..give it a rest..just stirring for the sake of it

Thread closed

Woodster

International Captain
No sympathy at all for the streaker, got the least of what he deserved. He shouldn't be on there plain and simple!! Get what you deserve, esp when you run near someone like Symonds!

He got off lightly imo.

Remember one incident in a rugby league match in England when some idiot thought it'd be a good idea to run onto the pitch?? How thick are some people? Needless to say he was tackled rather ruggedly by a big bloke that has made a career out of it.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, dire thread. Bloke ran towards Symonds, Symonds pwned the n00b, n00b banned and admits he was in the wrong. Case closed.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What leaves a bitter taste in the mouth is people are just trying to stir ****.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The streaker was an idiot for streaking, Symonds was an idiot for using unneccasary force against the streaker. All there is to it IMO.