• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
When's the 200m? Is Bolt participating in that?
Final is the same time on Friday. Heats start late Wednesday night (Australian time, anyways). And yes, he is.

I'm still in shock from the van Niekerk run. I knew he was awesome (has run sub 10 100m, sub 20 200m as well) but **** me, that run from Lane 8. Incredible.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm relieved I wasn't watching that - just following online, so I think I'll just continue to pretend hockey doesn't exist. Erkh, doesn't bear thinking about how awful the players must feel. Knew 1-0 wasn't close to safe but 2-0, geez.
That has to be the biggest choke of the Olympics so far. To be 2-1 up with a minute to play and still not even be able to take it to extra-time is pretty horrendous.

Quaggas

State Captain
Woah, WR outta lane 8. Sub-43 would have been icing, so close. NBC mentioned him as an afterthought before the race with their love-in on the Grenada and US runners, lol

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That has to be the biggest choke of the Olympics so far. To be 2-1 up with a minute to play and still not even be able to take it to extra-time is pretty horrendous.
The equestrian was pretty bad. From first place to no medal in one ride.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a brilliant night of athletics that was to end a great day all round. That world record is this games Rudisha moment, simply amazing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It was like someone had covered the middle lanes in treacle, the two in the middle just seemed to go absolutely nowhere for the final 100m. It's probably the most amazing thing I've seen since Bolt's 100m in Beijing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty **** that this ended up being the ***official*** thread when it's just social having a whine about Australia being ordinary now.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The equestrian was pretty bad. From first place to no medal in one ride.
Yeah, but that was always on the cards after our 4th rider was dq'd in the cross-country. Odds are in that scenario is that one of your riders is going to have an off day and Todd isn't the greatest at show-jumping anymore (he had a similar collapse at the last Olympics iirc). The men's hockey was just stunning.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if the NZ team have a generic sports psychologist in the camp, but if so, they better damn well not appoint that person next time, lol. I hate to unnecessarily use the term 'choke', but it's hard not to with some of these performances.