• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does seem to have a brainfade in every competition which stops her getting a better result. She is still early 20's though so maybe she will get over that as she gets a bit older.
She's just so appalling at the throwing events though, I mean Jess isn't great but she somehow gets a decent score in all, which is why she's the greatest female brit athlete ever IMHO, yet you maybe right she could improve, but maybe she could improve even more in the high-jump if she just concentrated on that.

remember when CPR whined that the long-jump default cost KJT gold at the Worlds, and yet here we are with no default and Jess is still winning easily.

Scaly piscine

Touch and go for Ennis on the final event now. Apparently needs to win by 9.47 seconds which is supposedly the same as the gap between the PBs.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Yeah she's really ****ed up the throwing events this time. She's got time on her side though. Didn't get to see the javelin, but the shot out she really looked 'cbf with this'.

S'pose I should cheer for Jess now.

Meanwhile, that long jump final tho... Lawsons hand.... Great interview with Greg afterwards (and much praise for the interviewer for bogging him up when he broke down half way through)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well KJT has no chance of competing with that Belgian in future, she is different gravy.

Brilliant night/day for GB though. Tomorrow promises to be very good too with us already guaranteed 3 medals.

Scaly piscine

Well KJT has no chance of competing with that Belgian in future, she is different gravy.

Brilliant night/day for GB though. Tomorrow promises to be very good too with us already guaranteed 3 medals.
Well if KJT was consistent and that far behind then yea, the fact that she's inconsistent and utterly botched two events leaves a small chance that if stars align she'll compete with her. But you certainly wouldn't bet on her stringing together 7 events that get near to her PB.

flibbertyjibber

Not a bad day today again. Golf, Gymnastics, Cycling and Sailing. Just want Murray to cap off a marvellous weekend for GB

Burgey

We had the curse of the Kookaburras for decades until they finally won a gold, but it seems to have returned.

That must have been devastating for NZ just then though. They had it sewn up

Burgey

Holy ****. Johnson's 400m world record just went. Held since 1999. That's a massive moment. Incredible.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
We had the curse of the Kookaburras for decades until they finally won a gold, but it seems to have returned.

That must have been devastating for NZ just then though. They had it sewn up
I'm relieved I wasn't watching that - just following online, so I think I'll just continue to pretend hockey doesn't exist. Erkh, doesn't bear thinking about how awful the players must feel. Knew 1-0 wasn't close to safe but 2-0, geez.

social

Credit to Gatlin as well

Guy has copped a lot of **** (deservedly) but somehow held it together