• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Yorkshire CCC racism crisis thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rafiq was specifically quoted as saying that the racism allegations in no way applied to Joe Root and that Joe Root had been personally supportive
In other words, Root knew about it then. There we have it.

Honestly, CA should be asking the ECB to provide Evidence it’s taken steps to clean up its act in a substantive and meaningful way, failing which the Ashes will be postponed until such evidence is provided. With the incumbent holding the trophy until they are played again.

Spikey

thankfully their sick virus is confined to only Queensland at the moment, which let's face it....

Uppercut

Well then...

Vaughan is such a chancer for having tried to deny this. A male middle-aged Tory making a casually racist remark in 2010 is "bear ****s in woods" stuff. It would be like me claiming I never called anything "gay" when I was in school.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vaughan is such a chancer for having tried to deny this. A male middle-aged Tory making a casually racist remark in 2010 is "bear ****s in woods" stuff. It would be like me claiming I never called anything "gay" when I was in school.
Yeah the entire thing shows the maxim that the cover-ups and denials are what get's you.

Honestly if Yorkshire had just released a report saying things were done wrong, and we apologise and we'll try to learn from it, yeah wishy-washy BS, and Vaughan had just said, sorry was a bad joke. Would have all been forgotten by now, with minor asterisks against all. Yet the constant back-sliding and lying and cover-ups mean they're all in the **** for awhile now.

TBH they all deserve it, so good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The thing is, there should be acceptance and intent to change for what you said to happen. Usually, when its not there, its always cover-ups and ****-ups like this.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Shouldn’t we change the thread title to “*Official* England Racism Crisis Thread” at this point?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just as well @Scaly_Piscine no longer stalks these forums or we would have to cancel you too :ph34r:

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Just as well @Scaly_Piscine no longer stalks these forums or we would have to cancel you too :ph34r:
He came to the other forum I use. A Sunderland fans forum but has a cricket section which is pretty much the Durham cricket fans forum.

Posters didn't take too kindly to his out there points of view. He's banned or deleted his account there anyway.

Burgey

He came to the other forum I use. A Sunderland fans forum but has a cricket section which is pretty much the Durham cricket fans forum.

Posters didn't take too kindly to his out there points of view. He's banned or deleted his account there anyway.
I used to love winding him up by saying Durham was a backwater **** hole of the highest order and test matches should never be played in such a terrible place. Essentially the C word city of England.

At least he didn't see fit to report those posts, I suppose. Which is much to his credit.

Burgey

Being a noted racist surely helps his employment prospects in Australia?
Massively! I can see Daisy Cousins hosting on Sky and flicking across to Vaughan and Steve Bannon in the central commentary position.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I used to love winding him up by saying Durham was a backwater **** hole of the highest order and test matches should never be played in such a terrible place. Essentially the C word city of England.

At least he didn't see fit to report those posts, I suppose. Which is much to his credit.
The irony is, as you probably know, Durham is actually a lovely place

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Yorkshire and racism have been hand in glove for some time. Fred Trueman was stood down from Tests after an England v West Indies match, during which one of the WI players (one of the 3 Ws?) complained of a racist comment (far worse than those reported today) made in a broad Yorkshire accent. I believe Trueman later denied it was him, suggesting it was Brian Close. Yorkshireman Len Hutton was captain at the time.

Chubb

International Regular
Yorkshire and racism have been hand in glove for some time. Fred Trueman was stood down from Tests after an England v West Indies match, during which one of the WI players (one of the 3 Ws?) complained of a racist comment (far worse than those reported today) made in a broad Yorkshire accent. I believe Trueman later denied it was him, suggesting it was Brian Close. Yorkshireman Len Hutton was captain at the time.
Truman said lots of racist things, including as a commentator. He once said Britain was becoming "a warehouse for refugees".