• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Bravo is injured and really shouldn't make the team based on his performances in tests in any case.

Gayle i guess you could say, but it is more of a EGO battle with WICB being rigid more than anything else.
I thought Bravo was involved in fall outs with the WICB too for some reason, just less publically than Gayle. Must have been wrong. I reckon they would still pick Bravo if he was fit.

The ego battle was caused by Gayle putting IPL first though.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
I was under the impression that he's injured and out of favour with the board, nothing to do with money.
Please see the links I just posted on Cevno's page. :) My understanding is that (could be flawed) Taylor's priorities may be one of the reasons why he fell out of favour with his parent organisation. And those priorities seem to be largely driven by personal monetary interests - not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, btw. Just inadequate communication. Same case, to an extent, for Gayle and big Bravo.

On topic: What a time to lose two wickets! Why the hell would they send in the night watchman at such a dominant position?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Missed the early stuff so presumed Rampaul was dropped. Cheers for clearing that up.

Windies needed that at the end, clearly still India's day but Windies have hope they might keep them under 450 now which looked very unlikely not long ago.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Bravo was involved in fall outs with the WICB too for some reason, just less publically than Gayle. Must have been wrong. I reckon they would still pick Bravo if he was fit.

The ego battle was caused by Gayle putting IPL first though.
Replied to Outswinger@Pace with this, but fits here as well -

Yeah, the initial reason was them(Gayle and Taylor) wanting to play the IPL despite their board having some objection to it, though they ultimately gave them clearances. But now it has become more of a EGO battle between both sides, with WICB being rigid too.

Also it is somewhat of a proxy continuation of the pay/sponsorship disputes they had a while back between the players association and the board with some players being at the forefront. In any case,i think the dispute with Taylor was resolved and he is only injured right now, while don't think there was any major problems with Bravo who is also Injured and whose spot in the test team is pretty contentious too.

It is only Gayle who has been involved in the most public of bust ups with the board and with the statements which have been made, there will need to be swallowing of some pride on both sides to reach a conclusion with the player body involved as well.

Last edited:

Wrong un

Cricket Spectator
Good effort by the Windies to get 5 wickets on that road tbf

Cant see them doing anything in this match other then take a hiding though..:(

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Actually want Yuvraj to get out here. Low score here could possibly see him dropped.

Also, don't want him near the test team for the Australia tour.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Sammy again surprises, second wicket for him. Can't work out how he swings it so nicely with an action and seam position like that.