• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Yeah, a surprise Rampaul was dropped. Again though it shows that Sammy as captain probably hurts them as despite him having a decent overall record he isn't that good if you take his freaky debut and the decent returns against Bangladesh out. They seem to hamper their side by not playing the 3 best pace men and Sammy isn't a good enough bat to be classed as an allrounder.
On merit, I think Sammy, Edwards, Rampaul and Bishoo earn their places. Sammy may not be very appealing to most people's eyes (mine included), but he seems to pick up good, cheap wickets.

I am personally not convinced that Roach is one the best three. Yes, the lad's quick and was impressive at the start esp. in Oz, but hasn't progressed a lot. In fact, is quite up and down (colloquially called the bouncer-yorker types) and sprays it all around with next to zero seam movement. Expensive luxury that an emerging side can ill-afford.

Would even venture that if they manage to get back Jerome Taylor, then Roach could have a pretty long exile from international test cricket. He may get back after proving his worth, and that's exactly the way it should be.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Rampual is sick. Would be pretty ironic if it was from eating Indian food :p

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I miss the days when Test 100s were counted independently of ODI 100s. That's his 36th Test hundred, which is a fantastic achievement. His ODI tons right now are meaningless.

Dravid - WAFG
36 Test Hundreds is awesome, but ODI tons are not meaningless, tbf.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
36 Test Hundreds is awesome, but ODI tons are not meaningless, tbf.
I mean with regard go the context that he's playing Test cricket and that the two games are very different. In the same way that his Test record is meaningless when he's playing ODIs. I just think the two games are far too different to be combining stats. :)

Still, the bottom line remains the same. Dravid - WAFG.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well I suppose to a degree Gayle and Bravo?
Bravo is injured and really shouldn't make the team based on his performances in tests in any case.

Gayle i guess you could say, but it is more of a EGO battle with WICB being rigid more than anything else.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lapse in concentration there by Dravid.

Ishant comes in as night watchman, but i am not sure actually whether i want Yuvraj to do well here or not when he comes to the crease today/tomorrow.