• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

Jacknife

International Captain
Probably asking too much considering our dominance and how well every single player has done this series, but I sooo want Swanneh to get a massive haul second innings.
Me too, he's played on some pitches that have done nothing to help recently and it seems obvious that his damaged hand has been bothering him because he bowled really well at Lords picked up a couple of wickets, bowling 40 odd overs at just over 2 rpo, before his injury.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India have been so crap that if Pakistan had played this bad there would be cries of "FIX "all over the world.

Our day again, getting boring now. May as well declare overnight as we have enough already to win by an innings.

smash84

The Tiger King
India have been so crap that if Pakistan had played this bad there would be cries of "FIX "all over the world.

Our day again, getting boring now. May as well declare overnight as we have enough already to win by an innings.
haha.......THIS

At least watching the Pakistan bowling against England was fun. This series is so one sided. I am almost tempted to say that with this kind of performance I would rate lat year's Pakistan performance better than India's. Only that I am reminded of our terrible batting and fielding :dry:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India V Pakistan (against England)

Batting - India slightly ahead
Fielding - india slightly ahead
No-balls - ******** v deliberate, hard to call
Bowling - Pakistan by a mile
Allowing UDRS - Pakistan ahead

I give this one to Pakistan

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
“It was pretty tough and I will have some more tough days in my times, I am sure about that,” said the Indian coach as the media probed him relentlessly at the press do after the first day’s play on Wednesday.

The 62-year-old gave a series of reasons for India’s woes on their current tour of England where they are in genuine danger of losing the series and their number one ranking. Up 2-0 in the four-match series, the hosts need to win by two clear Tests to claim the top dog status.

Injuries, loss of toss, swing and seam and the list appeared endless. “It’s important that we take note of the number of injuries that we have suffered on the tour,” Fletcher began. “It is also important to recognise that when any team comes to England, especially early on, we have seen them struggle against the swing and the seam. Even when I was with England, I haven't seen the ball swing around so much for three Tests in a row.

“It has been pretty difficult for the batters and it has been very difficult for them to adapt. We haven’t been able to post a total that gives our bowlers (a chance) to bowl at,” explained the Zimbabwean whose experience of working with England seem to have done little to change India’s fortunes.

Is there a way out then? “They have practiced, there is nothing more you can do in the practicing department,” he noted. “Some are getting out there and trying to put their practice in the middle. I haven’t been involved in a series here where the ball has swung around whole day. How can you practice against swing bowling in India when there is no swing bowling? It is a matter of trying to adapt as quickly as you can,” he reasoned.

Fletcher feeling the heat

Slam Duncan wave gaining momentum - Hindustan Times

Team India | Is India missing Gary Kirsten?

Knives are coming out for Fletcher. Kirsten was a tough act to follow..

smash84

The Tiger King
India V Pakistan (against England)

Batting - India slightly ahead
Fielding - india slightly ahead
No-balls - ******** v deliberate, hard to call
Bowling - Pakistan by a mile
Allowing UDRS - Pakistan ahead

I give this one to Pakistan
:lol: @ the no-ball part.

tbf the Indian batting is much better than Pakistan not just marginally ahead. We got dismissed for under 100 at least twice IIRC.

And our fielding....ugh....

But bowling indeed was MILES ahead.

Howe_zat

Audio File
This tour must be like reliving 06/07 for him. Dodgy prep, half the players are all hospital and the ones who aren't just want to go home. And when he does get back he's got to defend his job.

smash84

The Tiger King
I really hate Dhoni's attitude. He never gives the opposition credit, just makes excuses for anyone but himself. Self centered douche imo
I really admire a lot of things about Dhoni but I absolutely hate this. He never has the magnanimity to accept that the opposition have played well and never compliments them at all.

With this kind of attitude I hope England grind him into the dust :@