• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Guys, I don't think Dhoni said anything unless I'm missing something. The comments posted were from Duncan Fletcher.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In his 12 Test career so far Mishra has bowled 69 no balls. England have bowled 39 in their last 12 Tests

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I really feel like crying.Never been more embarrassed being an Indian team fan.I just wish that this debacle leads to an honest discussion about what went wrong and make necessary changes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:lol: @ the no-ball part.

tbf the Indian batting is much better than Pakistan not just marginally ahead. We got dismissed for under 100 at least twice IIRC.

And our fielding....ugh....

But bowling indeed was MILES ahead.
The full list was:

148/6

I think it's safe to say the difference in batting has been sizeable to say the least.
At least Pak passed 300 :ph34r:

Nah fair enough

tooextracool

International Coach
“It was pretty tough and I will have some more tough days in my times, I am sure about that,” said the Indian coach as the media probed him relentlessly at the press do after the first day’s play on Wednesday.

The 62-year-old gave a series of reasons for India’s woes on their current tour of England where they are in genuine danger of losing the series and their number one ranking. Up 2-0 in the four-match series, the hosts need to win by two clear Tests to claim the top dog status.

Injuries, loss of toss, swing and seam and the list appeared endless. “It’s important that we take note of the number of injuries that we have suffered on the tour,” Fletcher began. “It is also important to recognise that when any team comes to England, especially early on, we have seen them struggle against the swing and the seam. Even when I was with England, I haven't seen the ball swing around so much for three Tests in a row.

“It has been pretty difficult for the batters and it has been very difficult for them to adapt. We haven’t been able to post a total that gives our bowlers (a chance) to bowl at,” explained the Zimbabwean whose experience of working with England seem to have done little to change India’s fortunes.

Is there a way out then? “They have practiced, there is nothing more you can do in the practicing department,” he noted. “Some are getting out there and trying to put their practice in the middle. I haven’t been involved in a series here where the ball has swung around whole day. How can you practice against swing bowling in India when there is no swing bowling? It is a matter of trying to adapt as quickly as you can,” he reasoned.

Fletcher feeling the heat

Slam Duncan wave gaining momentum - Hindustan Times

Team India | Is India missing Gary Kirsten?

Knives are coming out for Fletcher. Kirsten was a tough act to follow..
Tbf fair to Duncan, he is right about the swinging ball. India haven't been able to handle it - the England bowlers are just too good in these conditions while their own simply cannot keep up. I'm not a huge Duncan fan, nor do I think hes the right person for the job in India, but its a bit harsh to blame him in his first series in charge.

I don't agree with the 'injuries' idea though. Lets be honest here, England are simply vastly superior in these conditions, that's just the way it is. You can say India have missed Zaheer Khan or Sehwag for most of the series, but England are missing Trott and Tremlett, both of whom are good players, and it hasn't affected them one bit. India need to have a honest sit down at the end of the series as to what went wrong, because not only was it not a contest, but there are few positives to come out from this series. With the exception of PK that is.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Its a shame, for Praveen, that India's next tour is in Australia - probably the place least suited to his type of bowling. I really hope its another fairly damp Australian summer because he deserves a go in the team.

BlazeDragon

Banned
Its a shame, for Praveen, that India's next tour is in Australia - probably the place least suited to his type of bowling. I really hope its another fairly damp Australian summer because he deserves a go in the team.
They play Windies first (again) at home.

tooextracool

International Coach
I'm not too worried about PK. Might be worth treating him like a spinner because hes willing to get through more overs in a day than anyone else and hold an end up. Obviously in favorable conditions he'd come into his own.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
england already have enough runs IMO. they should bat for half the day and then try to bowl out india by the end of day's play.

Woodster

International Captain
england already have enough runs IMO. they should bat for half the day and then try to bowl out india by the end of day's play.
There is so much time left in this Test and if the pitch does deteriorate they won't necessarily fancy having to chase a score on day five. We should, if possible, bat the entire day again and get an unassailable lead to hopefully ensure we don't have to bat again.

If we bat all day tomorrow, which is a tall ask, Swann may become a real player on day four, he may do tomorrow if we're bowled out, judging by the turn and bounce both Raina and Mishra were getting towards the end of the day.