• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This India attack is a pile of arse. Praveen has been decent and the rest have been an absolute joke. For all the bleating certain people did about how we beat a mediocre 5th ranked team, it was a superior outfit to this shower. It's a bit of an embarassment that India are still technically number one. I almost feel sorry for their fans. Almost.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
What was that? Awful ball backed up by a terrible attempt by Dhoni. He really has been shocking with the gloves this series.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Will be interesting to see what Swann can do on here.

With their tail you must wonder what sort of score England can get here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Why is Sreesanth fielding at backward point?
I was about to suggest he may have been the worst fielder in that position in the entire history of test cricket, but then I remembered that Pakistani muppet who spilled Shane Watson on 99 a couple of winters ago. I can't remember the guy's name, but it didn't look like hand-eye co-ordination came naturally to him.

Jacknife

International Captain
There's plenty of spin in this pitch, Swanny might come into his own when the Indians bat, it'll be fist pitch he's bowled on that's taken spin.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Test cricket should never be this perfunctory, should it?

I love seeing an England win as much as the next man, but, blimey, to see a champion team, however nominal, swallow it like this is pretty unedifying stuff.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England should look to pile on 650-700. Grind them down til a about an hour after lunch. If you get bowled out for 550-600 then so be it. Would be roughly 2 days and 2 sessions left - so just the 200 overs or so to survive to save the game. No need to give them a slight chance of winning by exchanging 500 scores and England getting rolled on a day 5 bunsen (or thereabouts).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL @ Jimmy being padded up. Nightwatchman would be taking the piss a tad given the situation.

hazsa19

International Regular
You wait 2 years for another chance in Test Cricket, your team are 432-3, 208 ahead, and you ask for a night watchman in case of a wicket.

Get out of this England team Ravi, you're pathetic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England should look to pile on 650-700. Grind them down til a about an hour after lunch. If you get bowled out for 550-600 then so be it. Would be roughly 2 days and 2 sessions left - so just the 200 overs or so to survive to save the game. No need to give them a slight chance of winning by exchanging 500 scores and England getting rolled on a day 5 bunsen (or thereabouts).
Bat all day tomorrow, IMHO. Make sure we only need to bat once.