• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Tendulkar criticism thread

Shri

Mr. Glass
This kind of post - or rather, the logic and mentality behind it - is to a large extent why these kind of threads go the way they do.
No the post he was responding to which brought up Brady's name when no one else had done so is the reason these threads go the way they do.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Of course it was brought up, references were made to print and television media articles and programs where the comparisons were made and some were going as far as to say Sachin better.

Was responding to that and making a statement in general. Additionally the discussion drifts to the rediculous when people keep refering to the man as a god, and on Cricinfo and other forums that seems to be the norm. Just trying to keep things in perspective.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Of course it was brought up, references were made to print and television media articles and programs where the comparisons were made and some were going as far as to say Sachin better.

Was responding to that and making a statement in general. Additionally the discussion drifts to the rediculous when people keep refering to the man as a god, and on Cricinfo and other forums that seems to be the norm. Just trying to keep things in perspective.
Not this again.

Its not keeping things in perspective if you can't keep from responding to those nutjobs in a thread where those claims have not been made. Stick to those forums and comments sections where the comments/references were actually made, if you really need to have your say.

Honestly, it's like those people who take out their work frustrations at home.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
haha......true.....putting things would be an objective analysis and not going to the other extreme to settle score with the Tendy worshippers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How can you say those claims haven't been made in this thread? The OP set the tone, didn't it?

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly, it's like those people who take out their work frustrations at home.
And yet every time someone mentions it you're here to talk about how you're annoyed that people bring it up.

As far as I know, from his post, Kyear is saying "anybody who says Tendulkar > Bradman is..." and that doesn't mean someone has had to bring it up in this thread to discuss it. Whether you like addressing it or not, people are using this milestone to compare him to Bradman or to make it out as if he is on another level to even some of his contemporaries.

You act like if a CW member doesn't bring up something it isn't being talked about.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
And yet every time someone mentions it you're here to talk about how you're annoyed that people bring it up.
I respond here on CW because they're whining here on CW. They can respond on youtube or cricinfo or Facebook where they encounter those nutjobs.

As far as I know, from his post, Kyear is saying "anybody who says Tendulkar > Bradman is..." and that doesn't mean someone has had to bring it up in this thread to discuss it. Whether you like addressing it or not, people are using this milestone to compare him to Bradman or to make it out as if he is on another level to even some of his contemporaries.

You act like if a CW member doesn't bring up something it isn't being talked about.
kyear2 wanted people to maintain a sense of perspective. It is pertinent to point out that his message would me more suited to be conveyed at 'cricinfo and other forums', and not a place where a serious claim to that effect is not made.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tendulkar would most likely come out as better than Bradman in an objective skills Test, even though Bradman was far more ahead of his contemporaries than Tendulkar (or anyone else).

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah but there is a difference. I finish most of my posts in 2 lines and look like an idiot and you make page long posts and still look like an idiot. I win.
No more insults please. That goes for everyone.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I respond here on CW because they're whining here on CW. They can respond on youtube or cricinfo or Facebook where they encounter those nutjobs.

kyear2 wanted people to maintain a sense of perspective. It is pertinent to point out that his message would me more suited to be conveyed at 'cricinfo and other forums', and not a place where a serious claim to that effect is not made.
It doesn't need to be made. People don't need to post. People often read threads and don't post. Not all of CWs visitors are members. If it was a total out of left field mention by kyear I could agree with you. But people are using this milestone to suggest as such and 'serious' people like Hussain are actually giving it credibility. We all know this is going on, even if a serious poster here doesn't mention it.

I actually agree with it being brought up by kyear. Let it not even be misconstrued, due to non-mention, that people agree with that point of view. It deserves the incredulity it gets. And yet it looks like yourself and Shri are against that because it tends to upset his fans and derails the thread? Isn't that kind of counter to the point you're making about not bringing it up in the first place - that people who agree with that point of view don't exist here? How will the thread get derailed if they don't exist?

Tendulkar would most likely come out as better than Bradman in an objective skills Test.
Um, what?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It doesn't need to be made. People don't need to post. People often read threads and don't post. Not all of CWs visitors are members. If it was a total out of left field mention by kyear I could agree with you. But people are using this milestone to suggest as such and 'serious' people like Hussain are actually giving it credibility. We all know this is going on, even if a serious poster here doesn't mention it.

I actually agree with it being brought up by kyear. Let it not even be misconstrued, due to non-mention, that people agree with that point of view. It deserves the incredulity it gets. And yet it looks like yourself and Shri are against that because it tends to upset his fans and derails the thread? Isn't that kind of counter to the point you're making about not bringing it up in the first place - that people who agree with that point of view don't exist here? How will the thread get derailed if they don't exist?
Because it goes against all sense of propriety and brings in an argument that needn't exist here. This is a celebratory thread. They'll have lots of opportunities to bring this stuff up elsewhere, because lets face it, they will anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Honestly, some people have so much trouble keeping their **** out of congratulatory threads.
If Daemon wanted people to treat this like a proper congratulatory thread he probably shouldn't've have sarcastically trolled and baited the entire forum in the OP.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If Daemon wanted people to treat this like a proper congratulatory thread he probably should've have sarcastically trolled and baited the entire forum in the OP.
I'm guessing that's a typo. That's beside the point anyway. There have been threads closed because they've been started with the intention of trolling and baiting by the OP. Let's not pretend that this thread remains open because it's been specially licensed to continue in that vein. If a tour thread gets started with a troll/bait post, does that imply a license for the entire thread to carry on in that vein?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am not gonna knock the man here.. I think he is a genius and I am privileged to have watched his whole career and with that, some of his greatest ever knocks live over at Chennai..

But seriously, his fans and media have made him into something that is bigger than the team itself. :( Even when he makes mistakes, it is almost sacrilageous to criticize him. Just check out the facebook posts and the cricinfo comments.. Jeez......

My trouble is not even with what he does wrong. There are always bad knocks. And there are always times when it seems a player put his personal milestone above his team needs, esp. when team needs are not that clear anyways, like today... But it is when people start posting comments like "even when he does so well, the bowlers let him down." Yeah, right..
What an irony. So what mistake he made during the Bangladesh game to deserve such a scathing accusations and criticism ?

Let me guess, he scored 100 which is 100th 100 of his career in International Cricket. Really so much wrong he did that Ya all need to piss in a congratulatory thread.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm guessing that's a typo. That's beside the point anyway. There have been threads closed because they've been started with the intention of trolling and baiting by the OP. Let's not pretend that this thread remains open because it's been specially licensed to continue in that vein. If a tour thread gets started with a troll/bait post, does that imply a license for the entire thread to carry on in that vein?
Well if a mod had changed the title of this thread to ***Official*** Sachin Tendulkar Congratulations Thread and stickied it to the top of the page you'd have a point there, but no-one did. Both the title of the thread and the opening post play their parts in setting out what the thread is about and as soon as I read Daemon's OP I had nothing but disdain for the whole thread in general. Tour threads are a different beast as they have an official status that has to be granted. Frankly I don't see this as a celebratory congratulations thread at all; I see this as the official trolling and bickering thread for the incident as was set out in the first post, which is why I haven't posted in it at all other than is this debate.