• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Tendulkar criticism thread

smash84

The Tiger King
That's true. Tendulkar has his nutjob critics as well, and in india too. In last world cup when he scored a couple of fantastic hundreds and India didn't win, there were Facebook comments on how when he scores India loses. That criticism made me mad because those were great knocks.

On the other hand what happened in the last match is depressing. We had to deal with an embarrassing defeat, part of blame for which should go to the poor batting by Tendulkar. Yet on TV they are doing features on "is Tendulkar better than Bradman". This so ****ed up.
haha......true....Tendy manages to polarize fans the world over as few others have.

With a few random fans I am not too bothered when they say that Sachin > Bradman but when they start showing that TV when it starts to get OTT IMO.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
haha......true....Tendy manages to polarize fans the world over as few others have.

With a few random fans I am not too bothered when they say that Sachin > Bradman but when they start showing that TV when it starts to get OTT IMO.
They invited to penal ex cricketers like Nasser Hussain, Waqar Younis and Ganguly. The host Rajdeep Sardesai (son of ex test cricketer Dileep Sardesai, and a county cricketer himself apparently) almost coaxing them to say Tendulkar is better than Bradman. Nasser Hussain agreed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

See, that is a **** thing to read as well, just as the Sachin = God gang.. But it is just easier to tune out coz it is in the minority when compared to what is being written about him by the majority.

smash84

The Tiger King
They invited to penal ex cricketers like Nasser Hussain, Waqar Younis and Ganguly. The host Rajdeep Sardesai (son of ex test cricketer Dileep Sardesai, and a county cricketer himself apparently) almost coaxing them to say Tendulkar is better than Bradman. Nasser Hussain agreed.
I thought Rajdeep (and Nasser) had more sense.

Around WC time Rajdeep had hosted a few programs and they were quite entertaining IIRC.

In all fairness to the SC fans,most of whom are pretty ****e IMO (restrict this to Pakistan if some of you feel offended), one thing has to be taken into account though that most of them think that the LO format is the premier format of the game and hence the greatest ever rating for Wasim and Sachin I think.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honestly, some people have so much trouble keeping their **** out of congratulatory threads.
you should know :)

EDIT: I do apologize but it juz makes me crazy that some people actually feel as if the nation let down Sachin yesterday.. To be fair, none of them are here at CW and I have been taking out some of that frustration in this thread. Can some mod have my criticizing posts moved to the thread which was started to have all the criticisms?

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's true. Tendulkar has his nutjob critics as well, and in india too. In last world cup when he scored a couple of fantastic hundreds and India didn't win, there were Facebook comments on how when he scores India loses. That criticism made me mad because those were great knocks.

On the other hand what happened in the last match is depressing. We had to deal with an embarrassing defeat, part of blame for which should go to the poor batting by Tendulkar. Yet on TV they are doing features on "is Tendulkar better than Bradman". This so ****ed up.
It just moves in the extremes, doesn't it? The more liked he is, the more controversial the comments criticising him are gonna be and that equates to more eyeballs and TRPs. So everyone knows the easiest way to get that is to seek out the few nutjobs who will use any and all opportunity to criticize him coz they know fully well that for every one guy who criticizes him irrationally, there is a hundred or a thousand who are willing to back whatever he did, just as irrationally. From the media's PoV, its a win-win, with the only real loser being Indian cricket...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You didn't watch the match did you?

If Sachin has to score at a run a ball because he has to expect that India can't defend 9 rpo in the last 15 overs then that is a sad state of afairs.
No and yes it a sad state of affairs.

Seriously though how much of an anti-climax is it for Sachin to score a slowish century in ODIs against Bangladesh in a lose..

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that SRT wasn't awarded man of the match.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Although personally I find 5 wicket hauls to be much harder to achieve than a 100. So a 100 centuries vs 90 5-fer's is probably more apt. Murali has 77 if you combined both formats.
I really, really don't want to a) seem like I'm trying to run down a champion like Tendulkar or b) start having to talk in ****ing combined format stats all the time, but saying that 100 centuries = 90 Michelles is utter cobblers. It's statistically much, much harder to take five wickets in a ODI than it is to score a century - only two blokes have ever even hit double figures.

If you have to try to draw a comparison - everyone is going on about how much further ahead of the next bloke Tendulkar's tally of centuries is, so that's what you have to look at for the bowling equivalent too. Which shows that Murali's 77 is ****ing insane.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Congrats on the Milestone by SRT, still dont think that its right to mix the formats when discussing statistics but it is a testament to his longevity and ability.

What he has achieved is truly monumental but for anyone place him on par with or heaven forbid above the Don is the epitome of cricketing ignorance and a gross disrespect for the history of the game.
Why? Does the Don have a hundred international hundreds? :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wouldn't be a Sachin thread without honestbharani telling us about his Facebook friend's status updates.