• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

U19 12th Man
I wonder how good Hazlewood will be. He was the youngest ever fast bowler to be selected in NSW's shield team, and was almost immediately touring with the test team, and considered a starter, but broke down with injury each time. Was going to play in India in 2010, and the Ashes that year. They must think they have something special on their hands.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think Smitteh stole that shot from one of the guys I play cricket with. He turns yorkers between his legs with alarming regularity, and has been doing it for years. Given he's about TPC's age and would have played against him in U/14As and U/16As in our area, it's entirely plausible.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it's something he practices, he just premeditated the move the off side to club whatever was coming over the legside. He ended up overreaching for the full length delivery and lost his balance a bit which is why his front foot is off the ground. You just pull off **** like that when you're seeing the ball well, look at that insane wrist flick for six over long on from outside off that Sharma played the other day for example. I highly doubt he premeditated or practices that shot. It just happened.

Spikey

I think Smitteh stole that shot from one of the guys I play cricket with. He turns yorkers between his legs with alarming regularity, and has been doing it for years. Given he's about TPC's age and would have played against him in U/14As and U/16As in our area, it's entirely plausible.
well maybe that **** stole it off Smitteh bud

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
South Africa are weird. They're not top heavy, or even bottom heavy, they just have nothing in the middle of their side. It's all down to 3/4 batsman and 2/3 bowlers.

Spark

Global Moderator
South Africa are weird. They're not top heavy, or even bottom heavy, they just have nothing in the middle of their side. It's all down to 3/4 batsman and 2/3 bowlers.
Yeah it makes me think they'll absolutely crush all and sundry in the group stages of the WC, but I'm steadily lengthening the odds on them getting through three knockouts unscathed. So, y'know, pretty standard SA.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Duminy will make a difference when he comes back in though, can provide a decent finish, a steady hand and some handy overs, the kind of guy that would complete the SA middle order

Spikey

Brad McNamara accidentally sums up the entire problem with his broadcast:

South African spinner Imran Tahir target of racist sledging from crowd in Canberra

Channel Nine wants third umpire to speak up

There are still two games left to go but Channel Nine has given the thumbs up to the ICC's initiative of wiring the third umpire for sound.

As part of a trial before the World Cup, communications between the two on-field officials and the video umpire for the decision review system are being broadcast.

The only issue has been the amount of "dead air", or silence, during the telecast.

"While it's a trial for them, we're on air, it's not a trial for us – it's something they have to be aware of," Channel Nine executive producer of cricket Brad McNamara said.

"The third umpire needs to keep talking and communicating.

"Our feedback has been positive, the viewers have liked it, it's worked fairly well, from our point of view.

"With all trials there's been a few little things we've discovered that needs tinkering with but I think it's got genuine opportunities to become part of cricket broadcasts in the future."
That's not a problem bud. Go listen to Athers and Gower call together. The silence is glorious

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No **** off Brad, the umpire's job is to umpire, not fill your broadcasting time.

If it comes to it, then cut down the communication and play it afterwards. What a ****face.