• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in Australia 2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In Watson's last ten ODIs he averages 121 with the ball and has gone at 7.63rpo. A combination of a new bowling style more suitable for Tests (and for staying fit) and heaps of injuries/comebacks has made his ODI bowling absolutely awful in the last year or two to the point where I think Mitch Marsh probably has to be in the side now.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they've all but made the decision that it's Marsh over Maxwell. Only possible spanner is if they don't pick a spinner.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc's last 10 ODers before this one would have fetched a pretty high average too, right? Probably needed this performance. With Hazlewood and Cummins now in contention my dream of a WC squad without Faulkner/NCN is on

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
SA's lower middle order is so dodgy. I can't believe they can't find better bats than Miller and Faarhan.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Australia grounds are big which is good to see. SA are pretty much a weak team without their 3 world-class performers.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Miller is really frustrating me, there's no question he can play and I thought the first half of last year was going to be his coming of age - Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo You'd 100% take that from your number 6.

However, since his absolute horror tour of the UAE he's been beyond dire. Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo That is absolutely not good enough across the last 15 months or so and even worse is the fact he's averaging 17 in chases. He's just not scored either big or important runs for sometime now and if it wasn't for the fact that SA have enough issues elsewhere in the lineup then he'd be under some pressure I'd suggest.

anil1405

International Captain
Yes....there are too much expectations from Miller when he hasn't even established himself properly in the team. RSA can barely rely on him in chases. Infact ever since Boucher, Pollock and Klusener have retired no one has done justice to the no.6,7 and 8 role in the batting order for Proteas. Its a worrying factor

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Yes....there are too much expectations from Miller when he hasn't even established himself properly in the team.
He's had over 50 ODIs. Time for him to **** off; to be replaced by the first person to catch a six in their mouth in the Ram Slam T20.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Have to agree Miller has been disappointing :(
Id give van Zyl a go (no Cobras bias ofc).

anil1405

International Captain
He is not that bad.... I would pick him ahead of other mediocre players. There are cricketers who took their time to settle down in international cricket. Freddie being one example. Miller can turn games on his day. Maybe there is a tad too much expectation on him.

anil1405

International Captain
I keep thinking how good a batting line-up Proteas would've had if KP and Doeschate decided to play for RSA.

Amla
DeKock
Faf
KP
ABdV
Tendo
Miller/Duminy

Jeez too good.

anil1405

International Captain
He has the potential to, thats what I meant....having said that there is a fear that he might end up like Kemp or Albie...hyped players who ended up being mediocre at best.