• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why Bell is my favorite non-NZ player ahead of de Villiers, glorious batsman to watch !

flibbertyjibber

Matthews helping us by bowling dross, eases the pressure on Strauss that runs are coming at the other end for Bell.

JBH001

International Regular
I'm not sure if Herath for Kula was the right move. Matthews looks a little innocuous here.

Woodster

International Captain
Strauss needs to work out his areas to the offie though. Has tried to sweep and nearly got bowled, and is also trying to use his feet to go over the top, there's no harm in trying these options (as long as he doesn't get out!), but needs to find a shot/area to tick the strike over or find the boundary to Dilshan who's bowling very straight.

flibbertyjibber

That was coming, he looked woeful today. Is this the same man who a few weeks ago played one of the all time great one day innings against India?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yuk.

What did I say about that mow across the line? Vile dismissal but merciful release. Trotters needs a big one.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Dreadful innings from the captain. tbh I'd rather he get out than keep playing as he was.

Time for Trott to hit singles off spinners for 30 overs. Come on, make 'em lose the will to live.

Borges

International Regular
This is why Bell is my favorite non-NZ player ahead of de Villiers, glorious batsman to watch !
As far as watchability goes, Bell is on par with Mahela. It helps that he plays for England; almost anyone would look extremely attractive if they play around Strauss, Cook and Trott.

As I type, Strauss has been put out of his (and every viewer's) misery.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Dilshan's goatee must take a lot of maintenance.

Matthews will do most of his bowling load for the day in this spell, I think.