• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

Howsie

International Captain
Example. You didn't even bother to comment on the Mills spell against ND in the NZ domestic thread, in spite of 2-3 posters making references to it & the fact you were viewing the thread. Yet within moments of Boult bowling one good spell, you reply with "Where are all the Boult haters now?"
I most certainly did, you obviously missed it. But I'll repeat what I said just for you.... Mills was alright in that game, the conditions obvs helped a hell of a lot. The ball was nipping around early doors and luckily for ND Auckland had Matt Quinn at the other end bowling a whole heap of rubbish. So congrats, he outbowled a club bowler, get that man into the World Cup XI.

viriya

International Captain
It's a sign that NZ barely have an issue with their squad when the argument that takes forever is whether Boult is good enough to play in the first XI.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I most certainly did, you obviously missed it. But I'll repeat what I said just for you.... Mills was alright in that game, the conditions obvs helped a hell of a lot. The ball was nipping around early doors and luckily for ND Auckland had Matt Quinn at the other end bowling a whole heap of rubbish. So congrats, he outbowled a club bowler, get that man into the World Cup XI.
Well that sums it up perfectly doesn't it....

I mean anyone else seeing Mills took 1-29 off 10 (or what ever it was) in his comeback when the opposition scored over 300, would immediately note how he's clearly still a class above that level & pretty much exceeded expectations in his first game back.

Instead, you attempt to demean the performance by comparing him with someone who bowled poorly.

Considering he is the both 'incumbent', an AGT for NZ & was a class above all other bowlers on show in his return, then yes, let's "get the man in the World Cup XI"

Last edited:

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
It's a sign that NZ barely have an issue with their squad when the argument that takes forever is whether Boult is good enough to play in the first XI.
Lol Boult is certainly good enough to play in the first XI, the debate is more on how good he is, and how Mills really really really really really sucks.

Well that sums it up perfectly doesn't it....

I mean anyone else seeing Mills took 1-29 off 10 (or what ever it was) in his comeback when the opposition scored over 300, would immediately note how he's clearly still a class above that level & pretty much exceeded expectations in his first game back.

Instead, you attempt to demean the performance by comparing him with someone who bowled poorly.

Considering he is the both 'incumbent', an AGT for NZ & was a class above all other bowlers on show in his return, then yes, let's "get the man in the World Cup XI"
I wouldn't use the said logic demonstrated in the previous post, because that'd mean Boult' excellent performance would be reduced to outbowling a 35 y/o useless old man, a batting all rounder, a young man just coming back from a side strain injury, and a back up spinner, and was outbowled wicket-wise by another batting all rounder/part-timer (depend how you interpret it).

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Look I don't rate Mills and I wouldn't have him in this World Cup squad. I'll leave it at that as I'm sure people are sucking of reading the same crap page after page. If NZ go on to win the World Cup with Mills in the playing XI then have at me, I just don't see it happening.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look I don't rate Mills and I wouldn't have him in this World Cup squad. I'll leave it at that as I'm sure people are sucking of reading the same crap page after page. If NZ go on to win the World Cup with Mills in the playing XI then have at me, I just don't see it happening.
I like how that last remark implies that NZ winning the WC is some kind of 50/50 thing.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
NZ has come a long way ever since that series loss against BD. Surprised a lot for sure. Williamson is officially a world class performer now and looks to me he will become the best bat of all-time for NZ. Hesson must also be a high quality coach.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You've never rated Mill or you don't now? Thing is, he's not the decisive factory in whether we win the World Cup or not. Shall we judge Trent on whether he wins a World Cup and is in the XI? No, we'll judge him on his performances. Somehow, you've almost managed to transfer a bowler we all like into some sort of anti-hero. Fair effort.

By the way, Matt Quinn is a better FC bowler than James Baker. Sorry if that hurts. And Panda Mathieson just took a record 27 wickets for the Ford Trophy winners, includiing a match-winning haul in the final after you sledged Flem with his name. One that got away for ND huh?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Latham is the sponge cake you get at the supermarkets. On the surface its plenty of cake, but it's mostly air and really isn't that good.
Haha, love it. Or the packet of Salt and Vinegar chips that looked the right choice on the shelf, but upon opening at the party again was mostly air and contained bugger all flavouring. There's a passenger every World Cup (Robert Kennedy, Carl Bulfin, Dan Vettori (!), Kyle Mills (!), Jamie How, Murphy Sua) and now him.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
just like I have a massive one about Milne and Steve about anyone who comes from a certain Auckland club.
Oi, careful Flemo. I do love my boys like nothing else but I'm not above pointing out their flaws. For example, Dutchy is the same batsman and golfer he was 4 years ago, Glenny Phillips is a gun but should never have played in the final and was found out on the front front, Manu needs to bowl and better if he wants his NZ spot back and Millsy sometimes has a hair out of place. Got nothing on Lord Grob at this stage.

As for your boy Milne, the fact that he bowls 145-150 is masking a few quiet performances, is it not? I rate the guy but we're not getting a tremendous amount out of him

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Come on, he's not that bad.

Watling would be better as I've admitted.

But it's basically the same criteria from the selectors that's seen Boult and Milne selected.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm only saying he'll be a passenger in the World Cup. He can play but he's 2-3 years away from being a good ODI player. Agreed on the criteria thing, Boult is a different pedigree and Milne has more weapons (which aren't translating into results)

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm only saying he'll be a passenger in the World Cup. He can play but he's 2-3 years away from being a good ODI player. Agreed on the criteria thing, Boult is a different pedigree and Milne has more weapons (which aren't translating into results)
He has all the difficulties we saw in early Kane. I think he's a big innings away from being a very good player in ODIs. He's much closer than 2-3 years.

He should have been opening in the UAE.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He should have been opening in the UAE.
I sort of agree with this, but it's important to remember that things have kinda changed since the UAE. At the time, Guptill was understandably seen as a dead cert for one opening spot, and McCullum was intended to take the other. Latham was never really in contention at that stage, and was always considered as one of the people vying for McCullum's vacated number 5 spot. As a result, it's not surprising that he was batting where he was.