• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) taylor's stance is vastly improved although still awkward to a degree. Thank you Martin Crowe if you are responsible for that change.
2) Mills should always bowl out early doors.
3) Irfan looks like a real handful once he stopped pitching it up.
4) Guptil played very well and deserved a 50.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
I would play Southee, Boult and Milne on 14/2, just to get Sanga.

Might leave Milne against AUS and SA since they are pretty good at facing pace, unless Bond has a plan for Milne vs AUS/SA

Athlai

Not Terrible
1) taylor's stance is vastly improved although still awkward to a degree. Thank you Martin Crowe if you are responsible for that change.
2) Mills should always bowl out early doors.
3) Irfan looks like a real handful once he stopped pitching it up.
4) Guptil played very well and deserved a 50.
Yeah Guptill got a bit bogged down after Latham got out but was looking absolutely fine prior to that.

Probably the most promising game we've had so far.

Niall

International Coach
Its an absolute disgrace that Younis Khan is playing the world cup with his disgusting average of 31, 3 failures already in NZ. What a useless self obsessed hack.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that was the most fluid I've seen Guptill look all summer. Still kinda disappointing that he was so easy to bounce out, but hopefully he can build on it going forward.

Elliot has been better than I think any of us expected. If he can keep showing this form come World Cup time we might have a chance after all.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Its an absolute disgrace that Younis Khan is playing the world cup with his disgusting average of 31, 3 failures already in NZ. What a useless self obsessed hack.
Don't think Younis would sleep with your other half, but it seems like he did something? He did ton up against us 3 ODI innings ago.

As I told my man Howsie, Mill has a definite part to play if he's used correctly. Not suggesting he has to bowl 10 as he did today, but 7-8 in the first 20-25 is ideal.

Grant is outdoing everyone's expectations, but he was always the right selection.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the selectors are being proven right time and time again. I knew Elliot was the right selection. I wasn't entirely sold on Boult but still wasn't unhappy with that selection either.

Latham is the one who just might be a bit raw. TBH though, Shahid Afridi is an exceptional bowler and his straighter one gets a lot of people out.

Niall

International Coach
Don't think Younis would sleep with your other half, but it seems like he did something? He did ton up against us 3 ODI innings ago.

As I told my man Howsie, Mill has a definite part to play if he's used correctly. Not suggesting he has to bowl 10 as he did today, but 7-8 in the first 20-25 is ideal.

Grant is outdoing everyone's expectations, but he was always the right selection.

261 ODI games with a 31 average. That is the stats of someone who should have been pensioned off a long time ago in this format.

Lets not forget he was dropped by Taylor in that innings and did sweet **** all the rest of the series.

He moaned quite a bit when he was dropped previously and demanded to be back in the team, it was pretty horrible what he done.

Their is nobody less deserving selected for this world cup.

He is wretched.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Wow Pakistan mentality, I am glad our players don't have that kinda pressure here.
I'm not even Pakistani, but surely its not to harsh to question why a man with 261 games with an average of 31 is in the team?

A little concerned about hafeez as well, his record in NZ and Australia is not to canny.

You can only have so many passengers in a team,

Flem274*

123/5
Younis isn't a bad ODI player. He's not exactly good either, he's just average.

There are a few blokes I would drop before Younis. Hafeez is one. He's no good outside the UAE and he can't bowl anymore.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Younis isn't a bad ODI player. He's not exactly good either, he's just average.

There are a few blokes I would drop before Younis. Hafeez is one. He's no good outside the UAE and he can't bowl anymore.
Come on, Hafeez hasn't been able to bowl for all of five minutes and he isn't a terrible ODI batsman. He has done the job quite a lot for Pakistan. I wouldn't necessarily be starting with him but he definitely deserves to be in the team.

GGG

State Captain
I'm not even Pakistani, but surely its not to harsh to question why a man with 261 games with an average of 31 is in the team?

A little concerned about hafeez as well, his record in NZ and Australia is not to canny.

You can only have so many passengers in a team,
About the same average and number of games as McCullum.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Our BMac has an average of 30 after 239 games, and he is regarded as one of our best, and he had that captaincy issue a couple of years ago, but I see most people are pretty chill about him now.

Sorry don't know where you are from, just seeing a few posts by different users been quite...unimpressed with Younis for on and off field stuff, reminds me of Pakistani stars' house getting burnt down in 1999 (or 2003) after the WC.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Latham is the sponge cake you get at the supermarkets. On the surface its plenty of cake, but it's mostly air and really isn't that good.