• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair to Ashwin, we barely had any runs to play with in Australia, I don't care what you say about the bowlers, it was the batsmen that ****ed us up back in Australia.

But wow what a win! lol.. I'm not gonna look too much into this match given the way NZ play spin and how they are playing in general these days. But if we can get more pitches like this then India would fancy beating both Eng and Aus by a comfortable margin.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's games like this that make me seriously worry about New Zealand's next tour of Bangladesh. The two spinners here have taken 15 of 17 New Zealand wickets so far and the Kiwis have only just got beyond the 300 mark for the match. Shakib is better than either bowler and the likes of Elias Sunny and Enamul Haque are roughly in the Ojha class. If New Zealand confront an army of decent Test spinners on a turner there's every chance they could collapse in a heap both innings, and Bangladesh can provide that.
So in the end the two Indian spinners took 18/177. I think Bangladesh's spin attack is roughly in the same league so yeah, anything could happen. Obviously the fact that Yadav and Zaheer bowled pretty well too kept a lot more pressure on New Zealand than Bangladesh's seamers could allow for even though they didn't take wickets made it easier for Ashwin and Ojha, but I'd be a bit worried about that.

Gelmatron

Cricket Spectator
Hearty congratulations to team India. Best wishes. Special congratulations to R Ashwin for creating 2 new records. By taking 43 wickets in 7 tests, he has overtaken Narendra Hirwanis 42 in 7 tests. While Hirwani averaged 20 , Ashwin's 43 wickets average about 28. Another record he had created today is the highest number of wickets in a test match between India and NZ. Earlier S Venkatraghavan had taken 12 wickets but Ashwin moves above Venkataraghavan because Ashwin has conceded only 85 runs for his 12. Best wishes to him and best wishes and good luck to Team India once again.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder if Ross loses the captaincy before NZ's home summer. He's trying to be rational about our ****ness in a Wellalbidarned way, but I doubt the average fan will stand for a starfish who just keeps taking this with what they'll quickly perceive as 'I got mine' conceit.

Derek de Boorder probably comes in as captain btw, bats really well in a World Cup knockout game we lose. Ronchi makes like Parore and bats at 3 in the Test side. :dry:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
#Danstilltheman #Teamdan

Personally I think the absence of aforementioned former captain and Ryder are the things that are going to hamper NZ with them two in they could have possibly gone for another genuine spin option rather than Williamson I know Vettori's injured but I reckon Ryder's medium pacers would have been handy on surfaces that give a bit of grip.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Kiwis cannot afford to play without Ryder. Sure he is inconsistent and has attitude issues. But with a small population and cricket not being the primary sport, international quality cricketers are not going to be available dime a dozen.

The ones who can perform at this level should be in the team, not sitting out because of discipline problems. Hope the board is able to engage Ryder and bring him back and make him improve his fitness as well as attitude

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This reminds me of when CW got on Moles' case and then 2 weeks later he was gone.

I think Hesson needs to at least complete this test match before I will rain down any fury on him. The only thing I kept commenting on is that I felt it was risky putting our best bats in positions 1-4.
However if it was his decision to pick Franklin then hats off.
Really? Gee, that is about the most harsh thing I've come across. The guy is basically three days into his tenure. With this rabble, he'll need a wee while longer.

He can endear himself to me by getting rid of van Wyk. That reverse sweep should be his last act as an international cricketer. Not the best keeper in the country, not the best batsmen of the wicketkeepers in the country. Not a Test No.7's ahole. So he shouldn't be there.

Ganesh, it's really not that simple pal. We're not going to get much joy out of forgiving his every indiscretion. It's easier to know from our end how much the extent is and I think to a man everyone understands why Jesse isn't in the side.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pressure on Ryder had also started to impact on his cricket, so hopefully his time away from the game will have given him back that desire to play and succeed. I still reckon he's our most talented batsman by far, but he's got to start delivering on that talent.

Also, wholly unconvinced by Ross Taylor as Captain. Taking too much on his shoulders, I feel.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Always felt Brendon was the better candidate but Hesson is going to find it hard to take it off Ross and give it to a guy everyone knows is a close compadre of his.

Brendon to me reads the game better, is more open to being willing to lose a game to win a game (lord knows we're good at doing the former anyway) and giving him the responsibility could have brought the best out in him. Speaks better, better with the media, etc etc

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Kiwis cannot afford to play without Ryder. Sure he is inconsistent and has attitude issues. But with a small population and cricket not being the primary sport, international quality cricketers are not going to be available dime a dozen.

The ones who can perform at this level should be in the team, not sitting out because of discipline problems. Hope the board is able to engage Ryder and bring him back and make him improve his fitness as well as attitude
Enough of this "Ryder is so talentedddddd" ****. He has to properly earn his way into the team like any other player. If he was back in the team now I guarantee you he would be sucking just as badly as before he was dropped, he batted like a moron in Australia.

Mike5181

International Captain
Enough of this "Ryder is so talentedddddd" ****. He has to properly earn his way into the team like any other player. If he was back in the team now I guarantee you he would be sucking just as badly as before he was dropped, he batted like a moron in Australia.
This is India tbf. He loves playing against them.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I think Indian fans are remembering Ryder who toured India 2 years ago, when despite any off-field issues he batted like a man in a bubble - perfectly calm and concentrated. He hasn't really batted like that since then and did indeed bat like an idiot vs Australia.

This team has had way too many off-field distractions in last few years and he has been one of them. And if he is to get a recall it must be because he's done something to deserve it rather than because the team is struggling without him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I wonder if Ross loses the captaincy before NZ's home summer. He's trying to be rational about our ****ness in a Wellalbidarned way, but I doubt the average fan will stand for a starfish who just keeps taking this with what they'll quickly perceive as 'I got mine' conceit.
I'm just a stupid fan, I'm allowed to be a little ray of sunshine. He's the captain, he has to be living in BeeGee's world.

Howsie

International Captain
He can endear himself to me by getting rid of van Wyk. That reverse sweep should be his last act as an international cricketer. Not the best keeper in the country, not the best batsmen of the wicketkeepers in the country. Not a Test No.7's ahole. So he shouldn't be there.
I never rated him with the bat but my god, he makes Reece Young look like Matt Prior. Complete nuffy with the bat.