• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, love how the last few pages of this thread is about the lack of DRS and Tendulkar's hand behind it and Tendulkar's 'well thought-out' pretence etc etc...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seniors initially had an object to DRS after its horrendous application in the Lanka series. However once BCCI took a stance against it, any sort of a change in stance is seen by them as a climbdown and a defeat. that is why they are reluctant to accept DRS even after seniors have supported it
I agree with that.

Spark

Global Moderator
I noticed during the tri-series that he seemed to have lost his footwork, and was playing back to a lot of balls he really should have been forward to - seems to be continuing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If this is a slump, it will surely be his last (he'll retire I'm sure). Of course we've been saying that since he turned 33....

If this was a year or two back I would have been scared out of my mind with an all new middle order going overseas (esp. with Sehwag at the top).

But truthfully, now, it can't be worse than 8 loses out of 8. So why not? The prospect is much less frightening now.

Actually, we may not have Zaheer (and Harby may not be back in the team) then either. In which case...that's gotta be a record of somekind in terms of losing experience from one overseas tour to the next. I don't remember a change nearly that big happening in my lifetime of watching cricket.

Last edited:

Faizal Khan

Banned
I noticed during the tri-series that he seemed to have lost his footwork, and was playing back to a lot of balls he really should have been forward to - seems to be continuing.
Played well in the Asia Cup though. I'll chalk it to 100 100s pressure and see what happens in next few games. If he can't perform he should retire.

BeeGee

International Captain
Any local word on the pitch? Is it a bowl first or bat first pitch?

So the big question is are the NZ batsmen finally going to turn up? If they don't it's going to be another thrashing (weather permitting).

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just noticed I'm fourth in the Fantasy Cricket. Guess it was a good move to have Ashwin as skipper. Bad move to put Wagner in seeing as they didn't play him. Oh well, Martin is in his place now.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The words are that the pitch is not spin friendly and fast bowlers likely to play important role in the match. Eager to see Wagner in the playing eleven.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I never thought Wagner was anywhere near as good as some people were hoping and I don't think he's anywhere near as **** as some people are suggesting now. Why is there no middle ground? What we have here is a reasonable but not outstanding bowler who has deservedly been called up into the reckoning based on good albeit slightly inconsistent domestic performances. He shouldn't be the first bowler picked and he shouldn't be cast aside for all eternity either. Chilling on the bench behind Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Martin but being next in line after that seems about right to me at this stage, Such a weirdly polarising cricketer for someone so utterly meh.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I never thought Wagner was anywhere near as good as some people were hoping and I don't think he's anywhere near as **** as some people are suggesting now. Why is there no middle ground? What we have here is a reasonable but not outstanding bowler who has deservedly been called up into the reckoning based on good albeit slightly inconsistent domestic performances. He shouldn't be the first bowler picked and he shouldn't be cast aside for all eternity either. Chilling on the bench behind Bracewell, Boult, Southee and Martin but being next in line after that seems about right to me at this stage, Such a weirdly polarising cricketer for someone so utterly meh.
Interesting you say that; haven't watched Wagner much except the series against West Indies, although he didn't look too special but for me he looked competitive and more so than lots in the team who are now soul searching at the moment. With a little bit of help from wicket, he can be a problem for the batsman.

It's really a dilemma for selectors when they think it's about right time to give him a perfect go non stop. I think they have to find a perfect balance somehow. Playing a guy two test and dropping him the next doesn't do any bowler a world of confidence that's why I was most disappointed watching him sitting out in the first test.