• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

Spark

Global Moderator

Weak side or not, that's a truly dismal effort given that this pitch hardly looked unplayable.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Haha, this reminds me of SL facing a weaker team at home during Murali's peak. Awesome performance.

Shame about the umpiring. Made it considerably less enjoyable. :(

Ashwin - take a bow. Early days here but I think he has serious potential to average 25-30 with the ball and 35-40 with the bat in the long term. Could well be exactly the player India needs for the decade.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha, this reminds me of SL facing a weaker team at home during Murali's peak. Awesome performance.

Shame about the umpiring. Made it considerably less enjoyable. :(

Ashwin - take a bow. Early days here but I think he has serious potential to average 25-30 with the ball and 35-40 with the bat in the long term. Could well be exactly the player India needs for the decade.
More like 30-35 with both bat and ball imo.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Um, that would, pretty comfortably, make him the best Indian player in history....cause that's better than Kapil Dev...

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So basically none of our guys have any idea at all how to play spin, though Williamson, McCullum and Franklin can do ok for a bit when they concentrate literally as hard as they can.

One player I hope learns from this is Flynn - I think he's good but this should be a strong reminder that, when you put a shot away because it's too high risk and getting you out, you don't pull it out again just because you're bored or impatient or wanna play fun high SR cricket. Hope he was kicking himself after playing that sweep. Think he also has the same tendency with the flashing cut against pace - in general has gotten a little too loose knocking round domestic bowlers.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Um, that would, pretty comfortably, make him the best Indian player in history....
Yeah, perhaps more like 30-35 with the bat. What I notice is he's relying on predominantly conventionally good bowling - not a surprise ball as such, so for me it's hard to see him him not doing very well on Indian pitches, not as obscenely well as he's started out ofc but still he'll always be a massive threat until he completely loses it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More like 30-35 with both bat and ball imo.
Agreed

Time will tell whether this was a flash in the pan bowling performance as he was poor in Australia and looked like he needed to go back to the drawing board

Shri

Mr. Glass
Agreed

Time will tell whether this was a flash in the pan bowling performance as he was poor in Australia and looked like he needed to go back to the drawing board
Since when has any off spinner done exceptionally well in Australia?:p

I don't see him doing well even in his next Oz tour but he should be effective in the SC at least and thats enough imo. Hey it would still be better than what Singh did for us over the last 5 years, useless pretty much everywhere.:p

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Agreed

Australia, TBF, is hardly the ultimate litmus test of bowlers, look at Murali's for example.

Warne's stats in India sucks big time, but only a mentally ******** person would say he wasn't the greatest leg spinner cricket history ever witnessed.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think he'll do better here if/when Dhoni retires and someone else takes the helm, tbf. He spent a huge amount of the time down here bowling around the wicket bowling a leg stump line to a field that consisted of a short leg and maybe a leg slip, and I don't think any offie in history would have found that productive.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he'll do better here if/when Dhoni retires and someone else takes the helm, tbf. He spent a huge amount of the time bowling around the wicket bowling a leg stump line to a field that consisted of a short leg and maybe a leg slip, and I don't think any offie in history would have found that productive.
He did get quite a number of wickets bowling that line iirc.

edit: Guptill, Taylor and Boult in the first dig.

Last edited: