• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure about that decision.

Having said that, the one just before it looked pretty close.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly the first time I've seen McCullum go 57 balls without a boundary.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
na there's nothing clinically wrong with his eyes, he just doesn't practice enough. If he really had something like that holding him back, despite him making a conscious effort to improve his batting a lot, you'd still expect his basic technique to be better than it is - but it isn't.
Yes there is. You didn't know before you posted that did you?

bombay_bomber

School Boy/Girl Captain
With the Warriors taking a pounding of similar magnitude at the NRL, Bledisloe seems to be the only saving grace for the Kiwis

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Very interesting graphic there - India best in the world in terms of S/R and Average in terms of playing against spin in the last five years. England interestingly second in terms of the S/R playing vs spin, but fifth in terms of average.

Shockingly, Pakistan second to last in S/R and third to last in average vs. spin. ITSTL.
It's not that shocking when a) Swann averages about 3 against them and b) Pakistan made Monty Panesar look good.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yes there is. You didn't know before you posted that did you?
No I didn't, but I found the only article I could find on it (Chris Martin: Bat out of hell - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz) and it doesn't sound like there is anything clinically abnormal with his eyes at all. This is allegedly the problem: "Essentially the relaying of information from my eyes to my reflexes and what I do with my body is a little bit slow"...sounds pretty much exactly the kind of thing that would be improved with more practice.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This reminds me of when CW got on Moles' case and then 2 weeks later he was gone.

I think Hesson needs to at least complete this test match before I will rain down any fury on him. The only thing I kept commenting on is that I felt it was risky putting our best bats in positions 1-4.
However if it was his decision to pick Franklin then hats off.