• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Anyone worried about Anderson and Broad in England. I thought they bowled pretty well on a lifeless pitch the other day. Finn was not selected maybe to get Treadwell in the side.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah sure. I still think of NZ's batting as like a flimsy, mass-produced McMicrolight aeroplane, one that its owner can only risk flying in the calmest, most anodyne conditions in the world. By all rights it should get wrecked again for <70 here, at least once.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
In the exaggerated language of one of our former contributors, they'll have our batting line up 'shaking in their boots'.

In more accurate language, they're inevitably a handful at home when fit and if they get their tails up vs the WIndies we could see them spit fire. But given this is at least the second tour for just about everyone in the squad I think we'll handle them better and probably have some plans as well that go beyond 'scratch out enough for Boult and Southee to defend like 250 you know?'.

But yeah I can see us getting rolled for <100 one innings. Importantly, I think we will do the same to them. Kane & Watling to get their names on the Lord's honours board too.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I can see this tour being a bit of a bowler shootout. If New Zealand get their bowling selections right that attack will be a handful in English conditions....particularly given some of their batsmen look rather vulnerable.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I' m just worried about our main players turning up 3 days before the first test. Not just any test, but a test at the Home of Cricket. I know it's the reality of cricket in the IPL era, but still, I feel that we are making it very hard for ourselves to perform well and win that match.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I' m just worried about our main players turning up 3 days before the first test. Not just any test, but a test at the Home of Cricket. I know it's the reality of cricket in the IPL era, but still, I feel that we are making it very hard for ourselves to perform well and win that match.
I know right. I've pretty much resigned myself to thinking that we'll most likely lose or at least draw. Second test should be the corker.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Am I alone, or close to alone, in thinking that the Black Caps are going to kick the **** out of England on all fronts?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Am I alone, or close to alone, in thinking that the Black Caps are going to kick the **** out of England on all fronts?
Well right now we are on the ascendency and England look uncertain, unmotivated and very beatable.

I would by no means say we are going to comfortably beat them, but I don't think it would be a surprise for any Kiwi to feel we're favourites.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard to say we're in the ascendency really.
We were in the ascendency when were coming up from eighth in the rankings.
But now we're a decent team, and for decent teams right now that means beating other decent teams at home and losing to decent teams away.

The only thing that really sticks out is the drawn series in the UAE, but that could be an outlier.

I think it's easier to say that England are on the descent.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Apparently England are the favourites at the TAB. The BCs are paying $3 to win the series.

Guess my money will be on the Black Caps this time around.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah BC's definitely value there. Think this series is 50/50, your mob are a quality side. And England just seem to really lack confidence.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think that if NZ really want to win this series, then it's time the selectors swallowed their pride and brought Ryder back into the side. Yes, his presence will probably throw out the balance of the team a little bit, but even if he isn't as good a batsman as Matt Henry or Durgh, his skills as a 3rd seamer or just too great too ignore any longer.