• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 5 - England v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
England v Netherlands
Tue Feb 22

Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

England Squad

Andrew Strauss (captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior (wicketkeeper), Ajmal Shahzad, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright, Michael Yardy, Chris Tremlett

Netherlands Squad

Peter Borren (captain), Adeel Raja, Wesley Barresi (wicketkeeper), Mudassar Bukhari, Atse Buurman (wicketkeeper), Tom Cooper, Tom de Grooth, Alexei Kervezee, Bradley Kruger, Bernard Loots, Pieter Seelaar, Eric Szwarczynski, Ryan ten Doeschate, Berend Westdijk, Bas Zuiderent

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As if we could lose our opening match of a major international tournament to Holland.
This, it's an insult we even have to play this match. Just give us the points already.

RTD is a buffoon and his boys are gonna get a pasting.

Stapel

International Regular
I can't remember England ever have beaten us in a proper cricket match :) .

You've heart it here first: England will be sunk again!

Blaze 18

Banned
England should win this comfortably - by one hundred and fifty runs or ten wickets.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha those were lucky flukes Marc!

read an interesting article on cricinfo - Kervezee says his goal is to play for England and that this is the first part of his ''mission'' to get himself seen by the selectors.
He qualifies in November of this year - will be interesting to see what happens

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This world cup will be the first time I'll see the much-hyped RTD play - will see if he's overhyped, or he's really any good against the big boys of the world...

BoyBrumby

Englishman

read an interesting article on cricinfo - Kervezee says his goal is to play for England and that this is the first part of his ''mission'' to get himself seen by the selectors.
If he's selected for (say) a Loins tour, would he still be eligible for the Netherlands until he's called up into our full side?

Anyway, when did the Dutch turn into SA 3rds? Half the side is yarp-born now.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
If he's selected for (say) a Loins tour, would he still be eligible for the Netherlands until he's called up into our full side?

Peter Borren (Learned his cricket in NZ)
Adeel Raja(moved to Holland as a child, learned his cricket herE)
Wesley Barresi (Saffie)
Mudassar Bukhari(same as Raja moved here as a child)
Atse Buurman (Dutch)
Tom Cooper (Jack's buddy)
Tom de Grooth(Dutch)
Alexei Kervezee(moved here when he was 12)
Bradley Kruger(Saffie)
Bernard Loots(Been here ages but Saffie and learned his cricket there)
Pieter Seelaar(Dutch)
Eric Szwarczynski(Saffie born, learned his cricket here)
Ryan ten Doeschate(Saffie)
Berend Westdijk & Bas Zuiderent (both Dutch)

Not that bad imho, certainly considering that everyone of them plays or has played in Holland.

Fun fact: i've played with or against 6 of the players in the squad :)

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain

Be good to see how he goes in this World Cup, had an excellent season with Worcester last season and no doubt made an impression on the England selectors. Looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow. The key for Holland is RTD though, his bowling may be useful on the sub-continent, and his batting can be explosive. Bring on tomorrow!

Woodster

International Captain
The batting of the Netherlands interests me most. As I said, I think RTD is probably their key man, with Kervezee hoping to continue his form from the previous English County season. Tom Cooper is a player I have seen very little of, and presumably is no mug being a state player in Australia.

Along with the experience of Zuiderent, they're going to need these guys to rise to the occasion if they are going to push England close tomorrow. Fwiw, I do think they'll have their moments tomorrow where they will find themselves in the ascendancy, but I expect England to get over the line, but not by the size of margins we've seen so far by the more dominant sides.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Their coach said they are following the England blueprint.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be cheering so hard for the Dutch. May just make the entire WC were they to beat England (not that I'm expecting it, of course).