• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 19 - Bangladesh v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shivfan

Banned
Lol at Mustafa Kamal, particularly this:

"The match was undoubtedly much below the expectation, and the crowd was a little upset. They wanted to show their anger and frustration against the Bangladeshi boys." However, Kamal rejected the notion that the miscreants were actually targeting the Bangladesh bus.

Edit: more likely a misleading juxtaposition by the writer of the article, tbf.
I'm amazed these guys can say with certainty who these guys were aiming their stones at, when they haven't even caught them yet!

"Four or five stones came at one go from maybe five or six people standing far away from the main road. All the stones came in at one time and they were coming from far away from the main road. That's why the glass was not shattered. The matter is being investigated. Definitely, they will be able to catch the guys."

Dissector

International Debutant
BD aren't a very good side but this was far below their par in ODI's especially at home. They beat NZ 4-0 recently. They managed a good score against India. Their fans could have reasonably expected at least a competitive performance against the West Indies. After the England defeat there would have been tremendous anticpation of a possible quarter-final berth. The fans must be completely devastated and I don't blame them for booing their team though obviously stoning either bus was completely out of line.

Himannv

International Coach
Every team has bad losses. Heck Sri Lanka will have a whole bunch of bad losses this tournament in the week to come. No excuse for violence tbh. Absolutely disgusting and I'm sorry I ever supported your team. Ruthless bitter individuals giving a poor showing here and bringing shame to the team and the country by their acts of violence. Keep the fun stuff for football you hools. Not saying we are saints per se but seriously this was a great chance for that team to show themselves as a decent side and a underdog worth supporting. For pity's sake Bangladesh, you are better than this.

Woodster

International Captain
Well this completely inept performance by Bangladesh ballsed my night's entertainment up. Had it recorded ready to enjoy, and the game lasts just over 31 overs in total! Very good from WI, professional job.

Woodster

International Captain
Real lack of thought from Tamim Iqbal, going after WI only real threatening strike bowler just third ball into the innings, feet went nowhere to a ball slanted across him. It was loose and not well thought out, Tamim's such a talent, don't like seeing him waste it in such a way, he cannot have been sure how the pitch was going to play, WI don't have much to worry you after Roach, thoughtless cricket.

Debris

International 12th Man
He was not to know that the rest of the side would fold like a cheap pack of cards if he got out. As you said, WI really only have one strike bowler.

Woodster

International Captain
He was not to know that the rest of the side would fold like a cheap pack of cards if he got out. As you said, WI really only have one strike bowler.
No the blame does not lie solely at his door. they batted exceptionally poorly throughout the side, however, he must realise he is crucial to the side, and should have allowed himself time to get in and settled and been a little more circumspect. See Roach off and then attempt to cash in off the weaker bowlers. Hope it wasn't a case of "I'm good enough to get after anyone, including Roach", just a case of nerves and a scrambled brain.

I know he bats in this style, just think he should have thought about the importance of his role, and the consequent boost it gave WI when he flayed at a wide delivery third ball of the match.

Mike5181

International Captain
every team has bad losses. Heck sri lanka will have a whole bunch of bad losses this tournament in the week to come. No excuse for violence tbh. Absolutely disgusting and i'm sorry i ever supported your team. Ruthless bitter individuals giving a poor showing here and bringing shame to the team and the country by their acts of violence. Keep the fun stuff for football you hools. Not saying we are saints per se but seriously this was a great chance for that team to show themselves as a decent side and a underdog worth supporting. For pity's sake bangladesh, you are better than this.
awta.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
DWTA with Woodster. I always enjoy reading Woodster's posts but I get that your posting in hindsight again.

Tamim on 0 would have seen a wide one and wanted to get off the mark. Obviously edging a ball early on isn't good but he's a naturally aggressive batsman who have hit that for 4 on many an occasion.

Porterfield's dismissal against England was similar but you don't hear about that due to Ireland's brilliant middle order performance.

I think Shakib and Ashralol's shots were the most horrible. Ashralol had the perfect opportunity to play a mature knock, but it was never going to happen.

Last edited: