• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 19 - Bangladesh v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bun

Banned
A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus. "The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."

Bangladesh v West Indies: West Indies team bus stoned in Dhaka | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
Unbelievable that they could actually condone the pelting.

shivfan

Banned
Unbelievable that they could actually condone the pelting.
The whole palce is swarming with police, and they can't protect a bus from a bunch of thugs with stones? What kinda of incompetent police force is this? What if real terrorists attacked the bus?

IMHO, Bangaldesh should now be forced to play all their matches in front of empty stands. But of course, the toothless ICC wouldn't agree to do that....

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
The whole palce is swarming with police, and they can't protect a bus from a bunch of thugs with stones? What kinda of incompetent police force is this? What if real terrorists attacked the bus?

IMHO, Bangaldesh should now be forced to play all their matches in front of empty stands. But of course, the toothless ICC wouldn't agree to do that....
thats why i say only india and sri l anka are safe places to play cricket

no place else in sub continent :dry:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol at Mustafa Kamal, particularly this:

"The match was undoubtedly much below the expectation, and the crowd was a little upset. They wanted to show their anger and frustration against the Bangladeshi boys." However, Kamal rejected the notion that the miscreants were actually targeting the Bangladesh bus.

Edit: more likely a misleading juxtaposition by the writer of the article, tbf.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus. "The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."

Bangladesh v West Indies: West Indies team bus stoned in Dhaka | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
Missed it earlier but lol at the title of that article.

cnerd123

likes this
Absolutely pathetic. If I were in the stands I would have booed them too,

FFS I'm getting tired of the failures. It's not the losing that hurts, it's the abject dismal failures regularly on the big stage when they are capable of so so so much more.

Terrible. So let down atm. I definitely would have booed them. I would have booed Shakib the second he stepped up for the interview.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year

FFS I'm getting tired of the failures. It's not the losing that hurts, it's the abject dismal failures regularly on the big stage when they are capable of so so so much more.

Terrible. So let down atm. I definitely would have booed them. I would have booed Shakib the second he stepped up for the interview.
I was saying boo-urns

shivfan

Banned

Another question....

If Imtiaz Ahmed is so sure that the thugs mistook the bus for the one carrying Bangladeshis, that must mean that they have already been arrested. Is that indeed the case, or was he talking through his arse?

Langeveldt

Soutie

Nah, thats not on in my book... Bangladesh are dismal because they aren't very good.. You wouldn't boo your local girls under thirteens would you?